Save Money On Your Groceries!

Discussion in Coupons started by hunysukle • Mar 30, 2012.

1. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    SavingStar is the nation's first completely digital grocery eCoupon service. SavingStar is completely free to use and very convenient. Instead of printing off or clipping coupons, which is now old-fashioned, SavingStar links your coupons to your store loyalty cards. SavingStar automatically adds the value of each coupon you redeemed into your SavingStar account, allowing you to choose your payout from Paypal cash to charity donations. Go to

to sign up.

2. Nanatracyann

NanatracyannNew Member

Threads:
    Excellent, thank you so much for this information. And what I really like about this is that it is FREE and CONVENIENT...We have a local store called Piggly Wiggly, and on our card we also get a small amount of cash off our gas at any BP gas-station. Great Post! I will be forwarding this to all my friends...

3. JenVarsity

JenVarsityMember

Threads:
    This sounds skeptical to me. Although I am reading through it now. How does it tie the coupons to your card? It sounds like it doesn't save you money when you shop, but that you receive money back through a paypal account?

"Your money is automatically added to your SavingStar account within 2-30 days! We'll email you when your savings post."

Do you currently use this site? How does it work for you?

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I am a little confused about how this works, too. I am older and easliy confused these days, so please have pateince with me. I only have one store that participates in my area and I don't usually shop there so I'm not sure this will work very well for me. I would like to learn more about it though, in case more stores are added. I think JenVarsity has the right idea of how it works.

5. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    If this is legit, then it sounds great. I don't use coupons too much at grocery stores. I use them all the time for other things though. I usually do not use them because grocery stores are always so busy and I tend to get flustered if I am trying to find my coupons, and then have people waiting behind me. I would love to be able to just swap my card and have the coupons on them. This sounds like a great idea!

6. Benleem

BenleemNew Member

Threads:
    Are you paid the amount you save on groceries and on your loyalty card? Either I'm getting old or something. "SavingStar automatically adds the value of each coupon you redeemed into your SavingStar account," yet it also links to my loyalty card?

7. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I have totally looked into this. I just wish that I had some of the grocery stores listed closer to me so that I could take advantage of this program.

8. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I love this service! But I have to start making a list of what coupons I add to my card. I always forget when I get to the store. I wish they offered more offers too!

9. ansleigh

ansleighNew Member

Threads:
    Today everybody is searching for places to save money. Saving is an easy way to reduce household expenses. You can save money easily in the grocery shopping the grocery store. Coupons can help to save money on grocery bill.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I feel the same, where does the money back come from? How do they know you purchased the things for which you clipped coupons for? :confused:

11. ansleigh

ansleighNew Member

Threads:
    One of the basic necessities is your stocks of groceries in your household. And your budget for the groceries could make or break your budget for your weekly funds that should be allotted on other things. There are lots of ways that can allow you to make savings in that weekly visit to the supermarket

12. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Oooh, this sounds too good to be true! The only downside for me is that I don't have very many loyalty cards as I'm not the main shopper in my household.

13. Andrea4

Andrea4Member

Threads:
    This is great info!! I am always looking to save, and since I'm always shopping for something, it's a little extra help that is appreciated. I hope this really does work, as I haven't seen any posts that someone uses this and has gotten their cash or whatever from the site. I signed up, so hopefully I will have some extra perks for my shopping. One of the main stores that I shop at doesn't have a loyalty card, but who knows, this might sway me to the competitors.

14. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    This is great info! I have joined the site already, I just haven't gotten around to actually checking it out. I must do that soon. The few things I did see looked very interesting.

15. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds like good information worth checking out. You've also reminded me that I have to find out if my local grocery store has a loyalty card. I used to have loyalty cards for everything, but I've recently moved six months ago, and I don't shop at the same stores anymore.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is great Wegman's is a new store in our area. It's very impressive and you still save money. Thanks for sharing the site. My daughter does most of the shopping. This is going to make me want to go to the store myself.