Least expensive airline?

Discussion in Travel started by Mayvin • Apr 1, 2014.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I recently had to buy airline tickets and found that airtrans had the cheapest prices and I'm wondering if anyone knows of another airline that is even cheaper? Anyone else use this airline? First time used them found that there were alot of issues with cancellations but had no issues with getting complementary tickets at least.

2. yossup

yossupMember

Threads:
    In general, southwest tends to be the cheapest but this won't always be the case for a particular flight. Often you can get better deals if you just go through expedia. The thing is, if you're having to ship baggage, it's usually going to almost always be cheaper riding southwest because they're the only US airline that still allow 2 free luggage. They have great service too.

3. Galadriel

GaladrielNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure about the cheapest airline in general, but I recently discovered a great website for finding flights. Try skyscanner.com. They have the cheapest flights I've seen.

4. megshoe

megshoeMember

Threads:
    It depends on where you want to fly to/from. Within the US, southwest and Spirit Airlines tend to have the cheaper prices, though unfortunately we don't have a true discount airline in the US. If you're looking at flying between European countries, Ryan Air and Air Berlin always have incredibly cheap prices, though everything else is barebones. Air Berlin might also have flights between the US and Germany!

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually do a search on farecompare when I need a cheap ticket. I always fare better if I have multiple carriers that will take me to my destination. I have been flying with Jetstar a few times now, but can't say that I like their policies all that much. I only use their services because they are cheap, and if I am absolutely sure that I won't have to make any last minutes changes to my ticket.

6. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly fly (maybe once a year at most). When I do, I usually am planning it out well in advance so am able to get lower prices.

I have had a lot of success with AirTran, but I know that they only fly in and out of certain airports. It's best to really research, especially if you have the time and are buying well in advance of a trip.

7. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    I would say Skybus.com or but I don't think either are located in your area that,s why i think this company is one of the best in all of them...