Affordable Makeup or Quality?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by nwitt • Apr 4, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious what you ladies do about makeup. I'm ALL about saving money and getting the best deal possible, but usually not with makeup and beauty items!!

For some items, I will get affordable options - such as eyeliner or some of my eyeshadows. But, I purchase NARS blush and some expensive hair care items because I really see a difference! I'd rather not have to reapply my makeup all day just because I spent $5-10 on it. Instead, I can spend $30 and have it last all day and enjoy how I look!!

What are your thoughts?

2. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    I think that its an investment and most of the time in the long run you end up saving money. I also think that can you can get quality products that are affordable. For example Clinique mascara around £17 which fairly expensive for a mascara I think anyway but it works great and my lashes look like they I have had them done. It lasts longer because you don't need as may coats as cheaper brands so in the long run I'm saving money.

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy cheap make up and I do not buy make up at the drugstore.

I know some people swear it is just as good. That simply has not been my experience. From the smell, to how it applies, to how long it lasts, I've just never found a drug store brand of anything that I like (except maybe lip gloss, seriously).

I dont' tend to spend a lot on make up but I do have only good/expensive brands. They last longer, they look good, and to me they are worth it. They also make great gifts, when people don't know what to get me. Getting a gift card to Dillards or Macy's almost always buys me a refresher on one of my make-up products. Practical but also thoughtful because of the price.

4. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I completely agree. I will buy a couple basic items at the drugstore, but many of the really cheap items don't last as long or apply as well. I think a lot of people who say it's the same have never even spent the money on the nicer stuff, so they just don't get it! Great idea with the gift cards!