When the Internet is Disconnected

Discussion in Landline & Mobile Phone Networks started by jneanz • Apr 8, 2014.

1. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I got a bundle deal through my local phone company and held onto it for the mandatory year or two with no problems except it was a little slow. Then the recession hit...

Though I had local use of my phone, my internet was gone. However, somewhere in the "free" upgrades, I got charged cable rates for somewhat-speedy internet service.

So as I was clearing the final bill, I asked the rep why was my bill so darn high. She replied that I no longer had the bundle but a la carte service.:mad:

Though I refuse to chase every discount out there, I will never fall for this again!

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ah so without the bundle, you got charged higher fees? Oh well, that's why bundles are better than a la carte services. Even in fast food items you get to save if you order their bundled meals.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    You only fall for it once!

Since I fell for it I'm VERY alert to contracts that I enter into.

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's more than annoying. I experienced a similar thing recently with my mobile phone. When I signed up with the phone company, I decided to go for a pre-paid plan for 15 Euros that gave me 1GB of internet and 10 euros for phone calls for 30 days. Even though I thought it was a bit high, as I don't need that much mobile internet and don't make a lot of calls, it was apparently the cheapest plan available according to the assistant who was serving me at the time. Everything went alright for a couple of months, until a few days ago when I noticed that all my credit had disappeared overnight. I went to the company and asked for an explanation. I was told that I had an expensive plan, and that if I didn't recharge my phone with 15 Euros every time I needed a top-up, the system automatically assumes that I want to use the free roaming internet option that is phenomenally expensive. I got a cheap and manageable plan now, but why was I fooled like that?