Do you use the gym in your building?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 9, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I once lived in an apartment block that had a gym and a sauna available to the tenants. Many condominiums are build with similar facilities. While the equipment is not as extensive as a gym that one would pay for, it is a lot better than what one would have in ones apartment or condo.

I used the gym facilities extensively when they were available because the area had miserable weather and it was rare to be able to get outside for a bike ride. In the time that I lived in that building I only rarely saw anyone making use of the facilities that their rent was paying for. I see the same things in the condos in my city - big, well equipped, rooms that are empty.

Do you have gym facilities available where you live? If so, are they well used?

2. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, we live in an apartment complex that has a gym. It's very small... 2 bikes, 1 elliptical and 2 treadmills with some weight minimal equipment.

I use the treadmill a few months out of the year (during the winter), especially if I'm training for a race. I used it this Dec/Jan/Feb, as I have my first half marathon in 3 weeks.

While it's a very basic gym, I feel it's important to take advantage of the fact that I have it - especially because I am already paying high rent and the cost of that gym is built into my rent. I would never invest in a gym outside of this one while living here. When the weather is nice and for longer runs, I take my running outside.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    When I was renting a flat in a building that had a gym I went there all the time. I like exercising but avoid paying for a gym membership in order to save money so I always exercise at home. And let me tell you, that gym was a god send! While the equipment was not the best or was lacking it was still better than using my furniture as exercise equipment :p Definitely something I'd do again if given the chance.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We've lived here for a few years and we've rarely used the gym. I hate working out so I dance to the PS3 instead when I get the time. I'm sure it's nice for people who are into working out since it has a few machines, a TV, and a vending machine. I would always love listening to my Ipod in there when nobody else was using it because you can belt out notes as loud as you want since the walls are soundproof.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently moved to an apartment complex that has a nice sized gym and a jacuzzi. They are both open for use until midnight every night. I have yet to use either.