How far are you from a Target store?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by pdxchristine • Apr 10, 2014.

1. pdxchristine

pdxchristineNew Member

Threads:
    Some other moms I know love to get a coffee and peruse the aisles at Target. It seems to be a regular pastime for lots of mothers with young kids since it is open early, has snacks and *technically* doesn't cost anything - though you know it's nearly impossible to walk out of there without buying lots of random things.

I live 15 miles from a Target, so I rarely go unless I have a list of items I need to get from there. Do you live close to one (or many)?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live 3 miles from a Target, but I live 2 blocks from a Walmart so even though Target has more attractive and upscale merchandise, I usually browse at Walmart, especially the garden center.
    When I used to live closer to Target, I did sometimes push my daughter's stroller around Target and go browsing with no particular list in mind.

3. Magicman94

Magicman94Member

Threads:
    I live about 3 miles from 2 targets. Target, IMHO, is a much nicer store than Walmart. Walmart is cheaper, but they often have lower quality stuff. Target also seems to have just the right amount of stores around here, unlike walmart, which is opening their 3rd store within 10 minutes of my house.

4. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I live about 45 miles from a target. I have been there before and it is very nice compared to Wally World. Sadly in my town Wallyworld and Roses are the -big- stores.

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I live within 2 miles of two Target stores. One to the north and one to the south but the layouts are different. The north one has everything on a second level. While both are spacious, my favorite is Target Greatland (or Super Target). Me and my girlfriend would meet up, do all kinds of shopping and gossip like no one's business. It was nothing to spend about 2 hours there.

Good times, as it was before the recession!

6. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    The closes target store to me is about 1hour away. I hate to drive there but sometimes they have some really great items available when they do thier sales for the summer and the winter it worth the drive. But if not I just shop at my local walmart which is about 15 mins away.

7. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    There's a target about 4 blocks from me, so I go there pretty often. Walmart is too far out of my way to get there very often, even though I've found quite a few deals over there. I like to go to Target, get myself something to drink, and browse through the isles. Sometimes I buy stuff there, other times, I just browse. But they have a lot of cool stuff.

8. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know the exact mileage, but I'm roughly an hour long drive from the closest Target. The only "mart" like store we had for longest time was a single Kmart, but we just got a Wal-Mart a couple years ago. I like Target well enough, but I only visit it if I have to drive up into that area for something else.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Very!! There is actually no Target in my country, which is so sad because I loved going there when I lived in California. But even when I lived in San Jose, CA the nearest Target was a good 6 miles away from where I lived, which made it hard for me to go there since I only lived there for one year and didn't own a car. I only ever went when someone was kind enough to get me to one or if I took the dreaded bus line that went to the nearest one.

10. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    According to Google maps, I am 4.5 miles from the nearest Target.
    Is it strange that we have Walmart a few blocks from Shopko and Shopko is in the same shopping plaza at Target?

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Funny you should ask, I used to live literally right behind a Target store not too long ago. It really came in handy as well, because I could not drive at the time, so I could just walk right over to it from my apartment. Apparently they had an ongoing problem with other people doing the same thing, but stealing the Target buggies to bring their stuff back, lol, because they put up this big wall with bars so no buggies could go beyond a certain point.

They even had a pretty decent sized frozen/refrigerated foods section, so it helped out a lot when I was running low on groceries. The prices were reasonable too, they didn't screw you over with higher costs just because they weren't a full fledged grocery store. The only thing I would caution anyone about though is to avoid their "Archer Farms" store brand food items, since they are pretty lousy. The pasta kits especially that come with sauce mixes. Bleh.

I always love checking out their end caps for clearance items. And I practically furnished my first apartment with all their seasonal items whenever they were on clearance.

12. epiczail

epiczailBanned

Threads:
    The closest one to me is about 45min which is unfortunate because I love target. If there was one closer I would do a lot of my shopping there. I love that they have groceries now also. So convenient

13. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    I'm about 10-15 miles away from a Target. Not a big deal since I spend a lot of time in that area, though. I do prefer Target over Walmart but sometimes there's something I need late at night, and it's easier to drive a few miles to Walmart than it is to drive down there, and they're not 24 hours.

My experiences have been much better at Target than they are at Walmart. The prices are usually better, and the store is kept up much better than our Walmart. I'm also in love with their shopping carts! They're plastic and don't make the weird noises the ones at Walmart do, and I haven't gotten one that's messed up or off track. It's really simple but it makes me enjoy shopping there more.

I also like Target's brands better than Walmarts for some reason.

14. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Target is about 20 minutes from my house, but I have to drive that distance to go just about anywhere. It's in the same area as the mall, Walmart and all of the other big stores that I shop at. The only things that are closer to me are the local grocery store and Dollar General. I go to town pretty much every day anyway, so it's not a big deal to run by Target while I'm out.

15. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I have two Targets that are not that far from me, but they all require a drive (about 7 minutes). I rarely go because as other posters have said it is almost impossible to walk out of the store without purchasing anything, it's a dangerous store so I stay away as much as possible. With all of that being said I wouldn't mind a Target within walking distance, some times last minute I need something and Target would be the perfect place to pick it up at a reasonable price.

16. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    I'm in Canada, but there's a Target 5 minutes away by bus. I would say that's 25-30 minutes by walk. It used to be a Zellers before Target bought the company, but I like Target much more - it looks cleaner and offers more variety in stock. However, every single Target seems to be the same; they are even organized exactly the same way, and that gets old quickly.

17. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    There are two different Target stores in the city that I live in. One of them is about 10 miles away from us (and thus I don't typically shop at that store) and the other is about four miles away from us. With that said, I have to admit that I don't always shop at Target because though they have pretty good prices, I always end up buying far more than I went in for when I shop there.

18. j24a25c5c2@yahoo.com

Threads:
    I live about 1 mile from a target and although target has more attractions and is close by my house I do not go their unless I have too. This could be just because I dread going to any store and when I do go to a store I am in and out as fast as I can be. I guess you can say I don't have a problem shopping because I go to get only what I need. But I agree that Target is much nicer than Walmart, a lot cleaner too in my opinion.

19. secondhandsaint

secondhandsaintNew Member

Threads:
    There is a Target a couple of blocks from me. Unfortunately, there isn't a Starbucks in there and it bums me out. The closest Target with a Starbucks is way across town, so I barely get to go there and enjoy it.

20. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    There are about 3 Targets within 5 or 10 miles of where I live. They have too many people and they're dirty. I liked going there before but it just seems way busier now just like most other places near by. :eek: It makes me feel pretty uncomfortable.