How do you treat your Acne?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gmac9100 • Apr 11, 2014.

1. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    I have really bad Acne, and it is really frustrating, and embarrassing.

I have had this problem for years. I have tried almost every product on the market, and nothing seems to work for me. I am willing to try almost anything. I just want it to go away. I have been dealing with it for too long.

Does anyone know of any product available on the market with a good track record of healing Acne? price is not a concern. I am willing to sacrifice for something that works.

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the person because everyone's skin is different. I use Neutrogena cleanser and that's been the best for me because I only have a little acne now. Sometimes I use the moisturizer too but I don't see why I'd need to use it everyday. I don't know if that helps because I just started with it but I use it whenever my skin seems dry.
    I would say since everyone has different skin, the brand is not important but just use something natural and don't switch too often. All those claims about a certain acne treatment will be effective when it's got all these chemicals seems like a lie to me. The most important things are don't get too stressed out, don't drink too much soda and make sure to drink plenty of water. I don't know if diet has any effect on skin but it might be a good idea to try and eat healthy foods too just in case.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    We have a brand laundry soap in the Philippines named Perla. It is surprisingly effective on acne when used as a facial cleansing soap. We have used this on our pimples and I could attest that it works. The main ingredient of this soap is coconut. I don't know if it's the most potent ingredient that cures acne, but a lot of people have used this effectively. I think it is available online and at some Filipino stores. It's white and smells like the white Ivory soap.

4. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Acne was something I suffered with quite a bit during my teenage years. I found that Benzoil Peroxide actually worked quite well for me! A lot of people say Pro Active didn't work for them but it really did help me out. Have you tried it before?

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Start treating it from the inside. Make an appointment with a natural therapist and get some advice considering your diet. There are many great herbs that will help you to purify your blood and get a better complexion. It will take a while, but it will treat the root of your problems and not just try and get rid of the symptoms. You can spend a fortune on skin products trying to help solve your problem, when the answer lies in natural supplements without side effects.

6. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Try switching to ALL organic/natural products. I too battled with sensitive skin for a few years, but once I switched to all natural products (as well as eating clean), all of my problems began to clear up. I now use Organic African black soap for my basic cleanse, Raw apple cider vinegar diluted with water as my toner, and an all natural moisturizer. I also eat a lot of raw foods these days. My skin is clearer and glows! Drink lots of water!

7. Richiee

RichieeNew Member

Threads:
    I've had acne before when I was still in high school, though not severe, it still made me feel bad about myself.

I used a lot of products before but most of them didn't help. By the time I began losing my pimple marks, I noticed that my change in lifestyle might be the one responsible for my whiter and clearer skin. I suggest that you start drinking lots of water to flush out bacteria from your skin since it acts as a natural detoxifier. Then if you sleep late at night, it would be wise to break that habit and start sleeping early. Sleeping late causes stress and stress is one of the main causes of acne.

For my products, I just use Pond's for Men. Mind you, I have sensitive skin as well but this product has worked wonders for me! :)

8. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Your lifestyle plays a big part in the acne flare ups. You can change your diet and see how that works. You can also take toothpaste to your pimples at night and wash off in the morning. Do this for a week and you'll notice it dries out the pimples. I done this trick so I know it works well. I've also heard cucumber heals the skin as well.

9. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If you have a time and can afford a medical assistance, then you should probably hand it to medical professionals. But if you are looking for easy, convenient and at-home remedies, then try cleansing your face twice a day with a glycolic soap. It exfoliates the skin along with blackheads and whiteheads, the precursor of pimples. It also makes acne scars less visible. Wash only twice a day because more than may irritate your skin that instead you will have less pimples, you will have more. Also try cutting down, oily and fatty foods, though no study yet have found the correlation between them and acne.

10. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Neutrogena has a scrub with these little beads in it. I t also has salicylic acid that helps to eventually peal away dead skin. It was supposed to used nightly but I only ise it 3x weekly.

11. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Every health question comes down to your diet. If you have acne, your body is too toxic and you need to correct that. Creams dont correct your health. You need to eat healthy fats and green vegetables, while drinking lots of water and you should also try fasting, Twice a week do not eat your first meal until 2-4pm and only eat 2-3 times a day. Dont eat snacks.. eat big meals with actual food. Your body needs healthy fats and amino acids.

12. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I had acne when I was a teen and it was pretty bad. But that was the last time I had any. I avoided from touching it at all, I didn't scratch even though it was itchy (I scrubbed it with a clean cloth if I had to) and I also scrubbed it with fresh lime fruit.

I learnt that as soon as you start touching and let your fingers go all around your face then the rest of the area you touched get infected with more acne.

13. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    This is one thing I never understood. Your skin was infected with acne. Why would you "scrub" your face? What is that suppose to do? Thats a horrible thing to do and many people do it. Scrubbing your face is not needed. it only makes your skin worse.

When your body is infected, you need to treat it from the inside not the outside. Acne isnt developing on the outside, it's the toxins INSIDE you creating it.

It just goes to show the lack of intelligence in our society when the obvious solution is always a healthy diet.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had "backne" before when I was in my early teens, but now that I'm already an adult of course I don't have them anymore. But I used to also have those occasional zits on my face. I noticed that Panoxyl Acnegel is quite effective in removing them and they get dried up really easily. I suggest that you try it, it can be bought over the counter.

15. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    This is the best answer I've heard to this question in a long time! I too use Apple Cidar Vinegar with the Mother! Do you also drink the ACV? Two tbls. in some grape juice everyday wll do wonders for your health!

16. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I tried virtually "everything" like most people and didn't have much results.
    Then I grabbed Proactiv and when I first tried it I had horrrrrible break outs. I wanted to quit it entirely, but from what I read it mostly aggravates what's already there or under the surface and was going to come out any ways. It's important to just stick with it and ride it out. In time, I had much better results, although I had to replace the lotion with just something basic as I had issues with dry skin.

Eventually I found out I could get rid of it all together. Now, I only really -need- to use witch hazel or another form of topical astringent right after a shower. Still, I like to think that Proactiv sort of "reset" my face so I could get to this stage.

17. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    As a someone who dealt with acne since I was 13, I can tell you I know your frustration. I can't speak for anyone else but Proactive has been a life saver for me. It works best on my skin and I don't have to worry about breakouts. Let me add something else. Once I change my eating habits to incorporate mostly healthy foods and drinking lots of water, it helped me tremendously. I know there are free eBooks online that outlines natural remedies to use.

18. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I say you should go to a dermatologist. A couple years ago, I got horrible acne, it was completely out of the blue, I wasn't even a teenager or anything. But for year, I just tried every product on the market to get rid of it, but to no avail. So I went to my dermatologist, and she gave me some antibiotic and my acne cleared in a month! Sometimes, the stuff on the market that's over the counter is just not strong enough to fix acne.

19. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    Acne is due to over activity and plugging of the oil glands. The main underlying cause of acne is increased levels of hormones during adolescence. Most acne can be treated effectively with two drugs, or at most three, at any one time. Tretinoin, isotretinoin, adapalene, and tazarotene are topical retinoids which, if applied daily, inhibit formation of comedones and usually clear even severe comedonal acne. The only major drawback is irritation, which is greatest after a few weeks, but the irritation usually requires no more than simple moisturising. Azelaic acid is a dicarboxylic acid with modest antibacterial and comedolytic effects. It is the least irritating preparation.

20. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I just splurge on some wipes from Clearasil to be honest. I know there might be some better brands out there, but they've always worked for me, so I don't see why I would switch up what works for me already, you know?

Saying that, you might want to try using a fresh pillow case at night, or use a freshly washed towel-dry obviously-as a covering for your pillow as you sleep, as it'll help quite a bit with keeping your face clean.