Spreeder (Speed Reading Program)

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mistymi • Apr 11, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    For a long time I was frustrated about my own reading ability. I get distracted very easily and when I see a page full of words it's difficult to keep my eyes from wandering everywhere or wondering how many pages I have left. I am also kind of obsessed about how long books take to finish. But today I was delighted to find a free online program called

, where you copy paste text, then it displays the words in groups of 1-6 at any speed you choose. It was amazing how much better I paid attention because you can't look away for a second with all the words flashing before your eyes. Currently I am copying text from my kindle books and reading 400-600 wpm with 1-3 words shown at a time. I can calculate how long books will take to finish too and I'm much more focused with reading. They have paid programs but they're too expensive for me. ;)

#1Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    That's actually kinda cool.

I rarely have time to simply sit and read, so I doubt I will ever use it. I end up skimming a lot, too.

But I tried it out by copying in your post and trying it at different speeds and it's neat! It would be handy if you're really trying to focus on a piece.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Not bad at all. So you can actually just listen to the program reading the text and you do not have to read anything at all. It is quite a good program for those people that are lazy to read a lot of paragraph. There was one that was called TextAloud am not sure if it still exists. It was among the first ones to have this feature that people would used to read their text.

4. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds like a good program. It would be nice if it could be upgraded to handle an entire e-book without having to copy and paste. When I was in school we took a course called speed reading and the device used was similar. The main difference was that we were required to answer questions based on the text we read so that we were not only seeing the words, we were processing them. I might have to check this out. I don't think that I am a slow reader, but a tune-up now and then couldn't hurt anyone.