I've only bough 1 App... Is that Weird?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by nwitt • Apr 15, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone else never boughten an app or only boughten one app? I've never done it! I've only upgraded on the Heads Up game by purchasing another category. I think it was $2. I just can't get myself to fork over money for an application when there are so many free ones available. Thoughts?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I'm the same way. I really don't need any apps and don't buy them.

I can see how some people might benefit from purchasing some apps or why they may not mind spending a few bucks on games here or there. It's just not for me.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Not weird at all. For example, I've bought no apps and it's been a few years since I got my first smartphone. With so many free alternatives, why pay? Even the payed apps that I need offer enough free functionality to use them properly. At the same time I payed a fortune buying games on steam so I guess it's only a matter of perspective. Some people spend on smartphone apps or games while others spend on PC software and games.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No it's not. What's weird is off you purchase 100 apps. There are more people who haven't purchased an app then those who have purchased one.

I've purchased less than 10 apps most of them I love and some I loathe. You'll save more money if you stick with free apps and games. I think you won't miss much by staying out of paid apps.

5. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Not at all! I've never bought an app myself. Why buy one when there are thousands upon thousands that are free? I let the free apps pay me lol

6. Magicman94

Magicman94Member

Threads:
    Definitely not!

There are so many free apps that do the same thing as paid apps these days. Besides, many apps these days don't charge you to download but have all sorts of hidden fees within them (candy crush, I'm looking at you right now!) I feel it rips some people off in the long run, but if you don't buy anything It's definitely cheaper.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've only bought a few and it's been a long time since my last purchase. Like others said, there is really no need to purchase apps when there's free ones available. I even feel like I've seen plenty of paid apps that have terrible functionality while a similar free app works great. One thing that nobody here has said is it's best to be careful with the apps you purchase because it's very difficult to get a refund. I forget what app it was but I tried to get a refund for an app I couldn't install anymore because it was no longer available to download in the US. They didn't give it to me. There have been plenty of paid apps that get taken off the store and that would be a bummer if you didn't get much use out of it and you really liked it.

8. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I've never purchased a single app ever. I don't find it practical as of this moment. I'm not saying that I'm against buying apps, its just that I have never found an application
    that is really necessary for me and worth buying.

9. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    No, it's not weird at all.

I also don't purchase apps because there are other apps that are free and still provides the same service as their paid counterparts. There is one thing that you can do if you want to remain updated with app offers that are happening on the app store. Download the application called Flipboard then subscribe to the Apps channel. I read it every morning to see if there are any paid apps that have gone free for the day. And if I see something I like, I download them. :)

10. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    No. that is not weird.

I have never bought an app. There are to many free alternatives in the app store for me to pay fr something that i can get for free. The fact that you choose to indulge in those options does not make you weird. It makes you smart.

Buying apps is like giving away your money. There is no need for it at all, in my opinion. There are tons of developers who offer comparable apps for free. I choose to go that route.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't think it's weird. I myself rarely purchase apps for the same reason you've stated, which is that there's just too many free ones to keep me satisfied. I'd only ever pay for an app if there was absolutely no other free ones as alternatives, or if they are the absolute best for a particular service, but otherwise, I mostly would still just stick with free ones because those tend to be good enough anyway. However, since most of the paid apps are relatively cheap, I don't see much wrong in purchasing them as well since the developers presumably spent a good amount of time and effort on them and it does feel good to give back to people who give their projects their best.

12. BlacKnight1090

BlacKnight1090Member

Threads:
    I have yet to buy ONE app and don't think I will. I can deal with the ads they put on free ones and I don't use anything enough to warrant a purchase. There are game apps that say a purchase will unlock more levels and or completely remove apps. I don't hold interest in those games long enough to care about that. Same goes for some picture editing programs I have that say I can unlock more frames and options if I pay. NOPE. I like what you already have. Lol.

It's not about being cheap, but not spending on something I don't need to.

13. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    These developers need to make money so if we do not buy, they will incorporate those annoying ads that will make you want to uninstall the app. That is the only way that at least they can make money from their work. I have bought several but most that am using are free. I only buy if something impresses me and I see a reason to buy it.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I've never bought a single app, I use the free ones! Although with the amount of ads the free apps are having these days I might have to start thinking about buying apps. :(

15. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    That's not weird at all, in fact, its kind of normal. Most people I know don't even spend a dime on apps. I for one never bought any, I mean sure there are a lot of great apps out there but I have yet to find one that will make me throw a few dollars at the App store.

16. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I have only bought one app as well, I don't see the point buying apps when there are plenty of decent free apps that can be so similar to the paid ones. I have an iTunes gift card on my iTunes account and it has been there for months and I still don't want to buy a paid app, suppose I'll have to at some point though so it doesn't go to waste.