Saving for a goal

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by Gelsemium • Apr 15, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes there is the one thing we really want and we make the sacrifice to save to have it. This might be a trip or a computer, basically everything. On what can we cut? Could you go out just once a week instead of two? Could you cut on the cinema? What goal would make you do this sacrifice?

2. Richiee

RichieeNew Member

Threads:
    My goal is to become a billionaire and be listed as one of the richest men in the world. That goal of mine coupled with my natural love for saving and investing has really helped me become a financially smarter man.

I began to develop financially sound habits that enabled me to save/earn more money for my future goal. Before, I would always buy food from the school cafeteria which costs me more, thus, I began bringing my own food to school. I also developed a habit of walking to my house instead of riding a cab since I learned about the health benefits of walking (and I got fat lately), not to mention that cab rides also cost me money. Lastly, I managed to finally stop myself from using vices such as alcohol and cigars which again, made me healthier and more fit.

3. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    Ye. I am always saving up for something.

I recently saved up $1500 over the course of 5 months in order to buy Google Glass. I was extremely proud of my self for grinding, and sacrificing enough to save that amount of money for something i seriously wanted.

I was happy until Google revealed that they will not be developing for that hardware anymore. I was so angry when i heard that. I wasted $1500 on a device that was already outdated.

4. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Really smart ideas you're putting into practice Richiee, those "small" things really makes us spend less and as you say they even make us healthier. Out of curiosity, what's the plan to get to the billionaire level? :)