Do diet pills actually work?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by AB91000 • Apr 15, 2014.

1. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    Dieting, and exercise are a huge part of my life. I am always working out, or doing some type of diet.

The problem is, it is hard to maintain those habits consistently when you have a a busy schedule to tend to. I have a full time job, and i run an online business. Some times i do not have the energy to work out. This is when diet pills, and fat blockers become very appealing. That brings me back to my original question.

Do diet pills, and fat blockers actually work?

2. Rusky

RuskyMember

Threads:
    Hell no. It's a scam. There are herbs and foods out there that suppress your hunger, but the diet pills that claim to have these have such low quantities of these things that it's not going to make any difference to you other than the placebo effect.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, they don't usually.

Most of it is mental. If you think they're going to work, then you may also be more aware of your other actions at the same time and THOSE are the results you will see. They may also include diuretics which are going to cause you to lose water weight...but this isn't a long term effect and is more an illusion really.

4. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    No, they don't work. The genuine success stories are from people who take the pill and change their diet and exercise routines. Any pill that lets you lose weight or fat while sitting around eating ice cream is probably doing further damage to your body. If your problem is a lack of energy, there are a few dietary changes that will help you maintain energy and lose weight - replacing refined carbs for example.

Pills that contain caffeine will perk you up and help you lose weight but can cause damage if used in high doses. You will build up a tolerance to these and continually require higher dosages until you are risking your health to a far greater degree than the few pounds you have lost.

5. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, most of those things are just ways to scam you out of your hard earned money. There are supplements and things you can take, but you'll know the difference between the dodgy things and the ones recommended to you by a personal trainer or such.

6. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, a lot of people saying they don't work! I am going to have to disagree with most people and say they do work as long as your diet is right. The thing is, people expect to take weight loss pills and lose weight without changing anything. Weight loss pills CAN increase your metabolism which will result in weight loss, but if you continue to eat junk it won't do anything. Weight loss pills are supplements, meaning they will supplement your diet.

7. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly. I would have to say no.

If they did everyone would be using them, Doctors would prescribe them, and there would be no reason to workout anymore. The legitimacy of that is extremely unrealistic. I do not recommend anyone put those type of chemicals in their body. It is not good. The only way to lose weight is through a good diet, and exercise. Do not be fooled by these deceiving products.

8. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Most of the time they don't work because people take them and then think they don't have to adjust their diet, or exercise regime along with it. Of course, if you're willing to change your diet and exercise routine, then you probably don't need the diet pills.

I just don't think there are any shortcuts to getting fit. It simply starts and ends with exercising more and changing your diet.

9. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Really, you'll lose weight if your diet is right? Tell us more.

10. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    That would defeat the purpose of using them.

Mot of the people who use diet pills, buy them because they have a poor workout ethic, and they want something to make up for that. If they were capable of working out, dieting all the time. I doubt they would buy the pills to begin with.

why would i buy a diet pill if i am already successful in my current diet?

11. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I would be way too nervous to try! I feel like so many products are full of junk or fake ingredients that do nothing. There are so many bad products out there that they likely give a bad name to any product that might actually work.

I would carefully research before buying a new product.