Any Gamers Out There?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by eagle22 • Apr 15, 2014.

1. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    Hey all, just wondering if there are any gamers out there or if I am the only one :). If you are a gamer, what do you prefer between Xbox and PS? Right now I am leaning towards Xbox but you can't go wrong with the PS.

2. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Nah I'd say there are plently of us out there. Personally I prefer the PS4 of the two at the moment, since I don't like MS putting so much DRM into their products, and that godawful kinect.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Last generation I bought both since each console had great exclusive games. No point in discussing the merits of one or another, we loose in the end. Currently I'm waiting for the price to drop (both for XBOX and PS) and I'll buy both of them. Plus, at the moment there are not enough good games to make a purchase worthwhile. I'm hopping that in a few months they'll be cheaper and have more games in the library.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always associate XBox as a sports gaming console because that's mostly what they seem to have so I've always loved the PS since they have good variety. However, the XBox One seems kinda cool for racing but if I were to get it I'd do without the wheel since there'd be no room for it. I don't know what the PS4 is like but it doesn't seem much different than the PS3. I'm satisfied with my PS3 so I can't be bothered to spend all that money.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Agreed, I'm waiting for a price drop and then I'll buy both. I'm not a fan of one console over the other. I buy both so that I don't miss any exclusives. I'm still kind of mad about the announcements that Microsoft made at first about blocking used games ,but they corrected that.

6. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly do not know what they were thinking when they decided to announce that they were blocking used games. It's just...did they ever think that was going to go down well or something?

Meanwhile, the very next day, Sony comes on stage and says 'Hey guys. You know how Microsoft is screwing you over? Yeah, we're not going to do that', and the audience went nuts. It was the instant good publicity that they needed, and it's obviously worked out well for them considering how much they're selling. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Sony was planning the same as MS, but they saw how the crowds reacted and changed their minds.

7. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I play PC games mostly but I'm angrily giving in to buying a Wii U or 3DS at some point because of a few exclusives. I'm not leaning towards PS or XB because many games for those consoles are multi-platform and I just prefer to do everything my computer. Having to buy another system for exclusives irritates me and seems redundant because computers are more than capable.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I consider myself a gamer, but I'm strictly a pc gamer. I don't think that I would want to buy a console though, now that I really have no time to play video games anymore. I also never owned a console during my younger years, so I think I can resist buying one.

9. BlacKnight1090

BlacKnight1090Member

Threads:
    I'm definitely a gamer. I ordered my PS4 the midnight it was released. I took too long to pre-order it so had to snatch one up on Amazon as soon as 12 AM hit. Was lucky to get it. Ha. So yes, I prefer Sony. I'm just accustomed to their franchises and products. After I broke away from Nintendo, I spent the second half of my life just getting everything Sony. The icing on the cake for me was when PS Plus came out. I supported the service before it was mandatory and it's still going strong. It allows me to play tons of games I haven't got to play in the past with no cost. I was satisfied with that, but then the discounts are usually quite good. Enjoying my PS3 and Vita still, but now PS4 is apart of my family. =p

The games I really want have been slowly coming out, but I made the purchase knowing I had to wait just like every new generation of consoles.

10. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I still can't decide to be honest. I think it's still pretty early to be able to get into the current generations of consoles since I think the really good games aren't really out in the wild just yet, I would still give them a year or so. But I think I'll be leaning more towards the PS4.

11. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of gamers here :)
    I absolutely prefer playing on the PC, but if I had to choose between both the new consoles my pick would be the Playstation 4, it's currently lacking games but as soon as that's fixed it should really take off.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I consider myself a casual gamer as I don't play that much but I like to watch and I'm still very updated with current events in the gaming community and industry. I also prefer watching rather than actually playing most of the time with the exception of some of my favorite titles. I prefer the PS but only for lack of a better option, to be honest. I do like the exclusives there and I'm far more interested in PS exclusives than Xbox.

13. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    PC Master Race!

1. Lots of cheap games, especially with Steam/Origin/Humble sales. No physical clutter.
    2. 60 fps / 3840x2160 glorious graphics. I can upgrade individual cards on my computer instead of buying a new console altogether
    3. Why even pay for Xbox Live/PSN?

14. Goat of Departure

Goat of DepartureActive Member

Threads:
    PC! Joking aside though, I'm leaning towards the Xbox One right now. Since the price drop I'm really digging the Xbox. I'm not much a fan of the PS4 and I'm pretty much an Xbox fan ever since. It's not to say that the PS4 isn't great but the Xbox One is ringing more bells on me.

15. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a PC gamer myself but not all PC's can run a game decently. I mean sure you have to really spend a lot of money but for the price of a good gaming PC you can purchase both the Xbox One and the PS4. The games are cheaper but the console itself (PC) isn't so I think it's a fair justification why most people still game on consoles.

16. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I'm playing a game, then I'm a video gamer. Whenever I'm living in the world of humans, then I'm playing the game of life. Game is a ambiguous and its meaning is all relative to the perceiver.

I choose PS4 over Xbox One, because the latter console is simply a joke compared to its predecessors.

17. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a gamer and I will tell you that I have both but when if comes to choosing one I really go with the Xbox one. I just like it a lot but there are some reasons that I like the PS4 as well because they have some really sick exclusives so I really do not want to miss out on the games that they might have you know.