Keeping up with team sports?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 16, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    Most of us learned a few team sports when we were in school. some of us played for teams in school or outside of school when we were younger. Now that we are adults, very few of us play team sports anymore. One of the reasons is that our lives can get in the way but for some team sports are more of a healthy social activity and they manage to continue to play. With such a small percentage of adults playing team sports, it suggests that our activity models for younger children are not translating well in adult life.

Are you still involved in playing team sports? Do we focus too much of our PE time on team sports when, as adults, so few of us continue to play?

2. Eagle910

Eagle910Active Member

Threads:
    No. I am sad to say that i am not involved in organized sports.

As an adult there are few opportunities to do so if you are not a professional. Sure, there are recreational leagues, but who has time for that. As an adult i have to much responsibility to take certain day's off to participate in recreational leagues. it seems like it would be fun. However. it would be impossible to do with my busy schedule.

I have to focus on more important things in life.