Great product to remove blackheads?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by lindbergh • Apr 16, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Man, I'm getting a bit irritated. I have blackheads on my nose and I want to remove them. I tried to squeeze a few and my darn nose got hurt and now it has a light wound. After the wound in my nose heals, I intend to use a product that would be able to remove blackheads thoroughly. I've tried some nose strips in the past but I noticed that still a lot of blackheads are not removed. Would you give me some suggestions on what products to use to solve my blackhead problem?

2. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    You need a tool like this. Look on Amazon

black1.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of natural remedies that are very effective. Tonight, before you go to bed, smear a thin layer of toothpaste on your nose and leave it on overnight. In the morning wash it off with warm water. You still need to get rid of the build-up in your pores. Use some mild soap and gently clean the skin on your nose. You might have to repeat this process for a while until you see improvement, which should be after a week or two.
    Alternatively, put lemon juice on your nose after cleaning your clogged pores. But wait until your injuries have healed.

4. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you tried the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask? They sell it at places like CVS and it's usually reasonably priced - at around $3 for a large tube. It goes on like a mud mask, but has a nice cooling effect while it is on your face. As it dries it tightens up a lot. When you finally rinse it off your face, it pulls a lot of impurities out of your skin and leaves it feeling very refreshed. I've read people use it for blackheads (for some reason I don't get blackheads, not sure why, so I can't say for certain how it works on them personally).

I had tried more expensive masks from other brands, such as Noxeema, but they dry to some weird clear gel mask that doesn't seem to do much, and is tough to wash off completely because it leaves little flakes all over my face.

5. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    What in the world is that?

Blackheads are hard to get rid of and keep away. I tried everything when I was younger. I did have some temporary relief after using a baking soda paste several times a week and wiped the area with a cotton ball soaked with hydrogen peroxide on the days I didn't use the mask. I only did it for a few days at a time because prolonged use would dry my skin out and make the problem worse. My son has had luck with lemon juice. The "black" comes from oxidation of the sebum in the pore. If your skin is dry, the skin flakes also clog the poor and enlarge them. The blackheads will be back again, and look larger. Drink a lot of water and eat fresh fruits and vegetables.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is a comedone extractor or pimple popping tool. The small end is for blackheads and the big loop is for whiteheads. My daughter has one. It doesn't help much with her blackheads.

7. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I use the cleaning strips, the effectiveness does depend a lot on how your skin before applying it though.
    They only tell you to wet the area before applying but I find you really need to either do it after a shower or just get some steam on that area before, in order to really open up the pores and have it work properly.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I took the advice of using drops for red eyes. I wouldn't rely on it every time but it seemed to help me because one day I woke up and the zit was gone.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I suggest that you buy this tool as well. I have been using an extractor since I was 16 years old, and that's the only way that you can get rid of your blackheads and make your nose clear again. But take note, the blackheads grow again because we sweat and our skin secretes oil, so you have to do it regularly, and the best time would be right after you have taken a bath since your skin is still soft, so the blackheads are easily extracted.