Stream fitness instruction lessons?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Denis Hard • Apr 16, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks to the internet you can get virtually anything you want free on the net. This includes getting free fitness itraining from a professional personal trainer on video streaming sites like youtube.

I know most people would prefer dealing with someone they see face to face but wouldn't this be a great way to save the $60 bucks you could have paid in gym membership fees?

#1Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's great. I have a few fitness trainers that I follow on YouTube. If I want to learn something or anything, I go to see if I can find a video on YouTube. YouTube is a great resource for all kinds of things.

3. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, I also do the same from time to time. I like changing my workout routine from time to time and looking at different workouts out youtube is a great option. I do prefer working out at a gym though.

4. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I have checked out a few training routines over the internet. Some are good some aren't so good but it is nice to have the option. One thing that I find useful is being able to see certain exercises demonstrated correctly. Sometimes the diagrams and other descriptions fail when it comes to proper execution of an exercise. If you haven't the money for a personal trainer, this is the way to go.

5. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    It'd be great...if you could verify that they were legit and weren't just trying to scam you or something. Although it'd still be difficult because you'd have to be in front of some sort of screen all the time. Even if you used your iphone, it'd be problematic.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have done this before, too. There are a ton of free YouTube videos out there that will train you.

The key, though, is that you need to have the self-motivation to actually follow through and push through the training sessions. A lot of people end up getting lazy and not bothering. At least in a gym or with a personal trainer, they sometimes have an outside force that keeps them going.

7. AB91000

AB91000Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. i love this idea.

It would be much more convenient than attending a class in person, or hiring a personal trainer. This way you could work at you own pace, and you do not have to worry about being embarrassed if you cannot keep up with the trainer. I extremely prefer this method.

I do not like attending physical classes. It is very uncomfortable to me.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I learnt a lot of things from internet streams. I never needed a fitness trainer but rather a yoga instructor. I have been following the instructions of an experienced teacher for over a year now and have learnt many useful yoga positions and techniques of breathing to stay fit and healthy. I like the way this teacher explains everything slowly and how she repeats everything and points out what you can do wrong. I can also contact her if I have any questions. I think it's a wonderful service.

9. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    How did it work for you, if you don't mind my asking? Did you find it worthwhile?