Looking for best ways to get discounted games

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by outdoorgal • Apr 17, 2014.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgalMember

Threads:
    My first interest in "saving" money on, is the games I love to play. I am hooked on Hidden Object games, and they are usually in either specialty stores or Walmart has them as well. I know there are other places, but Walmart, as you know, is cheaper (usually) and the Video Game store in that town I live in (pretty small) does have some on discount, or even 2nd hand.

I will be doing more research on this site as well, I am just new here in the last, couple of days. But I am thinking there are probably online places to buy, and get better deals, unless shipping evens out the cost with buying from Walmart etc.

Does anyone else have an interest in finding deals on games? Coupons etc.?

Thank you, and looking forward to meeting folks that know, and use their knowledge to save money. My roomies are coupon clippers, and I'm blown away by what they save. I'm going to show them this site, they'll be all over it;)

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Definitely check places like Ebay and Amazon if you're buying physical discs. You can get used games much cheaper there and have them shipped to you.

I also recommend Steam if you actively buy games regularly and like trying new ones. They run discounts and sales frequently so you can try out some games for super cheap, especially on their 75% off deals.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    If you're just interested in games like that then there are a lot of free hidden object games out there, you can just do a quick Google search and results will come flooding out of your browser. You can also check Steam for free games. Steam offers free games almost all the time and prices on other genres of games sometimes get discounted.

4. Supernova792

Supernova792New Member

Threads:
    If you want to get discounted games, you could always look here

#4Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2015
  5. Darakath

DarakathMember

Threads:
    If you are looking for really cheap games, you can check out my thread over

. :)

I hope it helps you save a lot!

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    The way I save in buying games is usually to wait until they are old since when they are brand new you'd have to pay full price. It helps that I have a huge backlog of games I haven't played yet so I'm not really too excited to buy any new game that comes out since I'd only be adding more games I couldn't play right away and in that case I don't think paying full price would be very advisable. It's why I usually shop at bargain bins first because chances are there will be lots of old but still very good games there that I've always wanted to try and since I waited long enough I could purchase them for a very low price.

7. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Daily deal sites are great for video games, especially digital PC downloads. I'm not picky, though. You can always find games for a lower price, but the discount on newer games is going to be quite small. Amazon and eBay are great options for used games, as are Best Buy and sometimes Walmart.

8. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Like others have said, both Ebay and Amazon are a great resource for cheaper used games. I would also recommend half.com as well. Here is a site I use for estimating the average cost for a specific game.

It's not always perfect, but definitely gives you a ball park figure.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Personally, and like one of the above comments suggests, I will usually wait until a game has lost its momentum before purchasing it. But then I know that not everybody can or likes to do that. There are game shops that allow for exchanges. There are people who buy games as soon as they are released, complete them, and then sell them back to these kinds of shops. You can buy these second hand games for a reduced price where I live.