Coupons for real food?

Discussion in Coupons started by Lostvalleyguy • Apr 19, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    As has been noted by others, in Canada the coupon system is a bit different and perhaps a little more sane. When I see coupons for groceries they are almost always for junk foods. I can cheap pop or cookies. I can get 2 for 1 chocolate bars. I can even get a discount on cereal but usually only the brands marketed to kids. I am wondering why I never see coupons for healthier foods. It would be nice to see a coupon for real oatmeal or for broccoli. Chicken breast coupons rather than breaded chicken nugget coupons.

Is the unhealthy coupon system in play everywhere or is it just here?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, it's that way here, too!

I think it's mostly because junk food is what needs to be advertised. People who are interested in buying chicken are going to buy chicken regardless. They might stock up when it goes on sale, but they don't need to be reminded about chicken with advertisements or enticed with coupons usually.

3. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    It's that way here to a degree. You can find coupons for healthy items, but it isn't as easy.

Honestly, I use coupons to buy my pantry staples, health and beauty items, cleaning items, etc. Then, I have more money to spend on fresh produce, meat, etc.