Do You Use Your Gym Membership?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by nwitt • Apr 22, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious how many people continue to use their gym membership once they sign up. In the past, I would be really into it for 3 or 4 months and then would just lose focus. This was often because of the more economical gyms weren't right near my house, so I would want to go home and get in pajamas after work. I now run outside a lot, so it's free and I still keep up with it.

What about you?

2. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a gym membership but cancelled it. There are so many free opportunities to work out so why pay to do so? I also find the free ways to be more involving. I also don't like having someone state at me while I'm exercising. Walking the school track or riding my bicycle down the road are free and more appealing.

3. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Those are great points. That's how I feel about running outside. If the weather is nice, I can do it for free! I think you can do more family activities if you do free working out, too!

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to, but later on I realized that it is not worth it. It's not my thing. I find it not fun, rather boring. Not that I am not up for sweat and I am inactive, it's just that they don't give me much. I do sports: tennis and swimming. They are far more exciting than burning myself at the gym, achieving and sharpening nothing, gaining no skill, other than strengthening my muscles, not for use but for form. After going to the gym, I am not able to do something I cannot do before I went to it, other than being able to carry heavier stuff. I am always hungry to expand my skills, going to and exercising at the gym don't meet my satisfaction.