Roadtrip?

Discussion in Travel started by pipps • Apr 23, 2014.

1. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    In 2016, I'm planning on taking a road trip through America. I will have around 2 months and plan on starting at the superbowl on feb 7th in san fransico, and ending at coachella in mid april.

So anyone any ideas? Or good websites that can help me plan this out?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I envy you. When I was younger I could go for 2-3 month road trip but the older one gets . . .

Anyway, the following sites can be really helpful when the time comes for you to plan your road trip:

Enjoy yourself [when the time comes, that is].

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like an incredible experience, I wish I could do that.
    I can't really help out with what you asked for but just wanted to wish you to have a great time. Enjoy it!

4. Francy

FrancyMember

Threads:
    I have always wanted to do that! I want to just jump in the car and go where I go. Wherever I end up is where I end up. I would have no plan and no agenda! Sounds spontaneous and great to me. Maybe someday.

5. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    Its great idea that 2016 is coming with full of passion i really impressed with your plan and i want to know that how many peoples would be along with you at this road trip?

#5Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  6. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have this experience (and I think I'm getting 'too old' to do it right ... another complaint I can add to my lawsuit against whoever DENIED ME an American lifestyle?), but I think Francy has the right idea---you don't want to have 'plans' other than "starting at the superbowl on feb 7th in san fransico, and ending at coachella in mid april."

Oh, I guess you have to 'plan' to have enough food, gas etc.; but I think you should keep those plans fairly-general, planning to have WAY-MORE THAN YOU NEED in order to 'not lack anything' in case spontaneous cruising takes you briefly off-course.

Have Fun! :cool:

7. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    great idea for 2 months vacation. you can try busabout and tafalgar for your trip. they are good in service. but personally i will suggest you to go by yourself, not through any agency, you have plenty of time to do search and think. enjoy!