Can Xbox One Still Catch Up With PS4?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Apr 23, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Now that we're already several months in after the release of both new consoles, I think we're really starting to see the effect of the decisions of each company that dates back to their original E3 reveal. If you can recall, Microsoft pissed off a lot of gaming fans by their horrible presentation of focusing more on multimedia features rather than the gaming features itself, while Sony took advantage of it and emphasized how they are different and still more focused on gaming and its fans.

Also, MS forcing Kinect on people probably didn't help their cause much as well, since not only did it add a hundred dollars more to the console's price compared to the competition's, but it also worried a lot of people in terms of security due to it being always on and always watching too.

Recently, MS has slashed their Xbox One prices (Now $450 instead of $500, and even includes a free game), and seeing as the console is still fairly new, I think it's obvious sign of desperation. I personally don't think it will do much, though, as they really have lost a lot of trust from their fans for being too alienating with their prior proposed policies concerning ownership of purchased games.

I'm not too sure, but I'm guessing they are only at half of the sales of PS4s or probably even just a third. I think they are doomed in this generation because they made almost all the wrong decisions. How about you guys, do you think they can still catch up? What do you think it will take?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well, like what you said, both consoles have been out for a several months now, its not even a year yet. So there's probably a chance that MS will catch up with Sony, its not really about the hardware now, its more of the games really. If the Xbox One spews out some great games then it will definitely catch up. I would suggest we still wait for a couple more months, if by the next 2 years the Xbox One isn't selling as MS would hope, then I guess Sony won this time. And as for the Wii U, well.