How Long Do You Use Makeup?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by nwitt • Apr 23, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious how long you ladies use your makeup? I know that you're supposed to replace (especially eye items) makeup regularly.

For me, I use my eyeliner and blush every single time I do my makeup and it's the same eyeliner and blush - so I tend to run out and replace every few months.

As far as eye shadows, I have tons! I honestly keep some for 2-3 years. Am I the only one? It's not really about saving money to me, but I feel they still work and look great.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    No, you're not alone. I'm the same way!

Eyeliner and mascara are my two main ones, so they get replaced as they run out.

Foundation is probably the only one that gets replaced because it gets old, but before it runs out. I don't wear it that often, so I never really use up a full bottle, but after a while, it ends up getting cakey and old. Eyeshadow, though? Pfft, I have some that is several years old, too, haha.

3. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    I no longer wear makeup unless it's a special occasion! So, I probably have makeup that is at least 5 years old floating around. I bought the powder/mineral foundation the last time I bought any makeup. I have no clue if that would still be good. Since I rarely wear it, I end up buying mascara every time I do wear makeup. The old stuff is usually dry.

4. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I didn't think of foundation, as that does normally tend to dry up before you can attempt to use it for years and years. I haven't been using it much lately, but want to get better at using it in my daily routine.

Mascara does dry up as well. I wear eyeliner daily but not mascara.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not into makeup (I'm not enough of a girly girl) so I never really use it but I used to get makeup for gifts. I've never thrown them away because I don't like to waste things. They are several years old but whenever I've used them they don't seem to hurt my health or anything so I figure why not keep them in case I ever feel like using them. The only makeup that I really use is nail polish and even that I don't use that much.

6. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I keep eyeshadow for a long time. Other makeup tends to be run through pretty quickly, so I don't really worry about it going bad. I think it's fine as long as you toss any mascara, eyeliner, etc. that you use if you have an eye infection. Plus, I don't share my makeup with other people at all.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I keep a lot of stuff for 2 or 3 years! I keep eyeshadows and blushes even longer than that, as they are powders they take way longer to go bad.
    For lipsticks and lipglosses I don't have a right time to throw them away, I usually do it when they start smelling weird. As for liners, they usually start getting dry within a year or so, then I toss them. Now for mascara, it's important to throw them away at least every 6 months, ideally 3 to 4 months. They go bad really quickly!

8. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, certain things like liner or mascara will not only dry up more quickly, but they will also usually be used up as well. It's important to get replacements of certain things, so that you're still using quality items.

9. PennySafe

PennySafeNew Member

Threads:
    I don't wear that much makeup, but I do have a little stash of it. I keep everything until it is depleted or until it's dried and cracking or otherwise unsuitable for use.

10. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only just recently learned how to apply make-up, since I was mostly a tomboy for most of my teenage years. I'm twenty-four now, and I only learned how to apply mascara and eyeliner when I was twenty-two and twenty-three. So those are the only two aspects of make-up that I use. I wouldn't know the first thing about applying blusher, or foundation or anything like concealer lol. Lipstick is easy enough, though I still don't wear it. I don't want to feel like I am wearing a mask. I don't go out all that much, and I will mostly only wear my eyeliner and mascara to formal events, so I don't have to replace them very often.

11. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21Member

Threads:
    I use the powders, foundation and finishing creme only on special occasions and they last forever. The last time i bought any of these products was over two years ago. My eye make up on the other hand finishes quickly, as i am more into that aspect of the art than the general face application. I have tiny eyes and my eyeliner, mascara and eye shadow helps to give the illusion of them being somewhat larger. I change my pencils like every two months though.

12. Tiffanymorgan

TiffanymorganNew Member

Threads:
    I think you should choose only one best makeup and use it. For example, if you are seeking for the

you can try to search for the one that is suitable with you and get along with it.

13. galmal

galmalMember

Threads:
    Other than mascara, which seems to dry out rather quickly, I have makeup that's at least 10 years old, and it's still fine. I don't wear makeup much anymore, since I quit working, but do occasionally put some on when I'm going somewhere nice. I've never had any problems using "old" makeup - I don't think there's really anything in it that goes "bad".

14. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear make up all that often, so I keep it way too long. I had to throw some of my moms make up out though, haha, she had concealers from the 1980's. o_O But I'm pretty sure every one keeps make up for way longer then then recommend length.

15. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am the same as the poster above. I'm still relatively new to make-up, but I still do not wear it all that often. The first eyelines that I began to use belonged to my mother, even though I know that you are not supposed to share make-up with other people, especially eye make-up. That eyeliner was around for years, and I have gotten my own now. It is liquid eyeliner, and I suspect that I will have that for years, and use it for as long as it will last.