Do you buy clothes in the supermarket while grocery shopping?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by lizzief79 • Apr 23, 2014.

1. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of clothes for my children from supermarkets, such as Tesco or Asda. This is partly for the convenience of getting everything under the same roof. The other reason that I do this is that they are often cheaper than clothes stores and many items are reduced on the sale rack. Do others prefer to by brand names from clothes stores or are you fine with buying from the supermarket?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really buy clothes from supermarkets. I have bought a short from Target and some camis from Walmart before, but I don't usually go to supermarkets to look for clothes, so I don't even go to that department. What I have bought before at supermarkets was underwear. I actually was surprised my some of the items' quality!

3. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Our supermarkets do not really have clothes here. Walmart and Target do, but only recently did our Walmart and Target get upgraded to a Super store (they didn't carry food items until recently.) But I wouldn't have anything against looking at clothes in the supermarket if they had them available here.

I can see myself buying clothes and groceries from Walmart on the same trip tho.

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    If they are on sale, I would. Sometimes, I buy socks and underwear for my kids at the supermarket. Cotton under shirts like the Hanes or Fruit of the Loom brands are OK to buy at supermarkets. I did buy some stockings for myself not too long ago. We wouldn't expect to find really stylish clothing there though, but anything for daily wear is good enough. Holiday costumes and some swimwear are also available at supermarkets. With everything else, just stick to the known quality brands and we can't go wrong.

5. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I have never seen a supermarket sell clothes, asides from something like a Sports jersey or hats. And I probably wouldn't buy clothes from the supermarket, even if they did sell them.

6. DDavies

DDaviesActive Member

Threads:
    The term "supermarket" has different meaning to different people. The OP may be referring to what Americans call a super store (ie Walmart and Target). I've heard of Tesco before and believe it's a combination store like the super Walmart/Target stores.

Pfft, I've bought licensed sports team t-shirts at gas stations before LOL. You never know where you'll find a great deal.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Exactly. Super stores like Super Walmarts and Targets that have two full sides are completely different than a grocery store that might only have a handful of items on a single aisle like panty hose, underwear, and socks.

So at a grocery store? No, I don't usually. At a super store that is half-n-half? Yes, I have bought clothes at them before.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never bought any clothes from the supermarket, because they look inferior to me. You get what you pay for anyway, so no wonder they all look cheap as compared to clothes that are sold in the department store. I think it's ok to buy socks from the supermarket though, they look the same anyway in every store that you go to.

9. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    Yes. I buy clothes in the supermarket.

Simply because i shop at Walmart. I think Walmart is the best store because it has everything in one place. You can buy electronics, groceries, toys, appliances, and clothes. Not to mention that they have the cheapest prices in the industry guaranteed. That is why i buy clothes there. I only go to the mall, or some other fancy store until i need a designer brand that Walmart does not carry.

10. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't purchase clothing at the supermarket. The only thing I purchase is maybe flip flops - simple shoes. I especially enjoy getting inexpensive shoes at places like Walgreens. They are money-savers.

l.

#10Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  11. jewel777

jewel777Active Member

Threads:
    Nice flip flop collection. I was at my local dollar store today and saw some really cute shirts. Not that they would fit me or last very long if they did, but I could see buying something if it were an emergency. I did buy a pair of flip flops at an actual grocery store (not a super store) because mine broke when I was out and about, and couldn't go barefooted, so I bought some at Ralphs because it was close by.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this too sometimes. They are usually very cheap and I'm not very particular about shirts and slippers anyway, so I buy most of these in supermarkets while I wait for other family members to finish with their own grocery shopping. They also usually have great discount bins that might take a bit of effort to rummage through and find the good products, but they are worth it for the price you get them at, and also, I find digging through everything fun anyway, and like I said, most of the time, I'm just killing time while waiting for the other people to finish.

13. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have picked up the odd t-shirt or pairs of socks from a supermarket before, but that is it because I'm a rather weird shape and they don't cater for people like me that often, I find that a lot of clothes shops have trouble accommodating me.

14. Loyal

LoyalBanned

Threads:
    I never have but I can see myself at Target/Walmart/Costco buying clothes and groceries. I already do buy khaki's and other work clothes from their so I might as well kill two birds with one stone. Next time my friends. Next time.

15. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like the clothes sold in supermarkets, so no, I don't shop for clothes there. Not to mention that the prices are not that low, the clothes cost as much as those I'd buy from specialized stores, at least here where I live. Small things like socks are underwear are ok, I'm not really picky. But for bigger pieces like t-shirts or coats I'd rather spend more on a better quality item.

16. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    If I see some really good clothes at the supermarket, why not? I don't really buy brand name clothing only. As long as it's nice and comfortable, I would go for it.

I also realize that most clothes sold in supermarkets, particularly in hypermarkets, are really reasonably priced. However, you can expect that you will see another person wearing exactly the same clothes. Anyway, this does not matter as long as you're comfortable with it.

17. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    The only stores where you can buy groceries and clothes at the same time in my area are Target and Walmart and although I can do it, I like to focus on one thing at a time especially since clothes shopping for me can be so tiring with trying things on. I would be more up to shopping with both if I could just pick clothes without trying on to see if it looks right.

18. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I buy clothes at Walmart most of the time. Their clothes are great quality and have amazing fashion for create prices.

19. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased clothing at a grocery store. The grocery stores near me do not really sell apparel. I wouldn't be opposed to it, though. I've noticed that sometimes if I'm in a store with non-food items they tend to have higher prices than regular retail stores. Everyone's store/area is different, though.

20. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    I sometimes do. Not all the time. I find that some of the clothes are not as good as a quality. Only sometimes that happens though. When they have a holiday, I usually always buy from them because they always have cute outfits for the holidays. I usually buy my son's clothes at target. Only when they are on sale though. I do not ever pay full price for clothes because it is ridiculous how much they want us to pay. It is like they want us to buy for ourselves. I could buy two shirts with the price of one of his shirts. It is sad how they make children's clothes so expensive. And the government wonders why people need help to buy other things.