Send an e-card for a special occasion?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Denis Hard • Apr 24, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since almost everyone has an email address these days, you can send them a gift straight into their inbox. There are some some sites like

where you can get free e-cards to send friends and save the money you'd have spent if you had to send the greeting card through snail mail.

Would you do it or does this make you look rather stingy?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't do this. I create personal cards with personal messages and send them. E-cards makes one look stingy, and not only that but also makes one insincere. Although, there may be some exceptions like the one I did. I send an e-card on the exact day of occasion as I can't make it to get to the receiver my handmade card on the exact day it is needed. I followed up it though, and few days after it has been received.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have before. It's mostly for longer distance connections, though.

I pretty much never give physical cards, so a digital one is better than nothing....and it means I can send cards to people who live a long way away from me.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not sent an e-card yet, but I have received several ones. I don't mind being sent one since it goes to show that the person remembers you, but I'm not the type that actually does little gestures like that. I would rather give someone something that they can use no matter how small it is, like a comb for example.