Best horror films?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by 003 • Apr 24, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would consider the Exorcist and the Shining. Both are intensely terrifying. It builds up and sinks in, the scare, and lingers long after the film is over. They are not scary at first, they are even unpredictable. But soon, you would just be shocked you are already scared to death. If we are talking about horror, these movies will sure to provide us. Be careful of what you wish for.

2. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm a horror movie addict. I love scaring myself with ghosts and monsters. I don't watch alone though. I usually watch with my cousins or with my girlfriend. I could recommend a couple of movies which I think would definitely scare the heck out of you.

-Insidious 1
    -The Conjuring
    -The Grudge
    -One Missed Call
    -The Eye
    -A Take of Two Sisters
    -Phobia 2

For more horror movie suggestions, check out this thread:

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never found The Exorcist to be even remotely terrifying. That it's even considered a horror film surprises me. Maybe it's just because horror films have no effect on me. Anyway, the following 'horror' movies are the ones I found most interesting:

Wrong Turn 5
    I know what you did last summer.
    Evil Dead.
    The Ring.

4. Wolfhyrr

WolfhyrrNew Member

Threads:
    Im not a fan of horror movies, I mostly find them boring. Most of them are just predictable jumpscares. I actually like the old school horror genre.

The house of 1000 corpses (Rob Zombie) is a GEM.
    Evil dead is really good too. (seconding the poster above)

A bit more new schoolish

Paranormal activity series is great.
    Silent Hill, not that scary, but still AWESOME.

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen that much newer horror movies, most of them nowadays are just too cliche', which is understandable really, but I really liked The Conjuring. Also, the remake of Evil Dead was great, although it didn't really gave me the horrors, but I was impressed by it. But the one horror movie that gave me the willies was The Exorcist, that movie just blew my heart out when I first watched it back in Haloween of 1993.