Mobile Internet on the go

Discussion in Internet Broadband Access started by whnuien • May 2, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    My service provider offers a daily Internet usage at $2 for 100mb per day and also a monthly plan. But I prefer to go for the daily because I do have my Internet at home and so it is useless to go for the fixed monthly plan. Whenever I go out I will apply for the 100mb because it is enough for doing activity on Facebook, searching Internet, and also to get a direction from my map.

Have you used mobile Internet at all or do you prefer waiting until you get somewhere that has wifi for their customer?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Since I don't browse using my mobile phone a lot, I always, when the need arises, pay for daily bundles. Most of the time i can go more than a month without using my phone to surf the net. Now if I was going for monthly payments that would be pretty wasteful.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think I have an option for daily use. I don't go out much but since I listen to music a lot, I can probably hit the limit with the radio alone in the monthly period. Plus the amount is included with the calling and texting.

4. J3NN4

J3NN4Member

Threads:
    I get 2GB a month and that's plenty for me. It's a little pricey, but it's worth it in my opinion. I use Spotify in my car, so I need data, and there's also times when I might need to use the mobile hotspot with my tablet if I need to do something for class.

A daily option would be nice, though. As much as I use it, I don't think $2/day would be any better. :(

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a prepaid internet connection, so I connect using a USB modem. Right now I'm actually subscribed to a mobile internet plan that's good for 1 month, you can use it on your phone and both in the pc so I get to save a lot, because the pc counterpart of this promo that's good for 1 month costs $25, and the service is pretty much the same.

6. Lady350

Lady350Member

Threads:
    What service is this? I would like to look into it. Maybe it is offered in my area. I had one too, but it costs way more than that. Plus I don't know how much GB I would need.

7. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know how much I would use when I am need to use my tablet outside of area that does not have service. I will need to look into getting a hotspot when I am out and need to enter information at a clients house. I feel that it is getting a little to pricey to pay monthly for a phone and then have to pay to take your internet with you when you go out of your house.

8. TuRon Davis

TuRon DavisActive Member

Threads:
    I currently use clear wireless mobile unlimited internet, and it's 4g with USB modem. It's pretty convenient because I can use it in all of my mobile devices. However, 2 dollar a day is 60$ a month. I would just go WiFi on the move and cheap monthly service from home.

9. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    I'm on WIND Mobile. I get unlimited data included with my mobile service. It's only 4G, and the reception is not the greatest, but it works good nevertheless. I feel lucky to say use a lot of data and only really get slowed down or stopped when I tether my phone to other devices. Other that that, it's $40 a month which also includes unlimited Canada wide long distance, and unlimited text messaging and voice mail. It's fine for my purposes.

10. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I just connect to a wi-fi at like a McDonald or something in the rare occasion that take my lap top out of the house. Yes, I'm the last person on the planet who uses doesn't just use their cell phone to connect to wi-fi lol. But I was thinking of doing mobile internet when I move, to make connecting to the internet less drama, what is the name of a mobile internet device that any one can recommend?