The frustration of comparing similar gadgets

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Lostvalleyguy • May 14, 2014.

1. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking to buy an action camera. I have had a few recommendations and I have a few ideas of my own. My frustration stems from the inability to do a side by side comparison of gadgets. There is no standard way of listing the specs for a device and it leads to more questions than answers.

For Example:
    One device will list out all the settings for time lapse filming. Another devise will say that is does do it. Still another wont even mention it yes or no. How do I compare?

It seems that every gadget has properties that we would want to compare but there is no common way of identifying and remarking on these properties. Doing research online on gadgets should simplify things but each store and manufacturer offers up different information and I end up having to email companies directly with twenty questions before I can even begin to compare.

Have you encountered these sort of frustrations?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not yet, but I think that if you really wanted that item and your research amounted to nothing when it comes to looking for your answer, then I guess you really have no choice but to buy that item and see for yourself, right?

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Thankfully not yet. What I usually do is look at specs of both the items than I'm considering and choose the one with the features that I want. If both list different infos then I'll pick the one that lists the features that I want more. I guess it's harder for your case since you're looking to buy a camera since there are way more things to consider. I think what you could do is go to the store and test out each one yourself and see how you like it.