How do you save money on summer clothes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • May 18, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Although they consist of less material, summer clothes are pretty expensive. So, how do you save money on them? As for me, I try to wear simple clothes. My favorite our white t-shirts. You can Accessorize them easily.

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy them when summer season has just ended, during rainy season or during when there is a sale. Saving and maximizing out promos is really important when you want to maximize you shopping and have as many clothes as your money will allow you.

3. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    For summertime, I buy lots of T-shirts, tanks, shorts and skirts. These items are really cheap when ordering online. I match them all together and dress them up with jewelry. It saves me tons of money so that I can spend it on other items such as dresses that I like.

4. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Summer clothes often are already much cheaper because they are plainer and often use less fabric (i.e. tank tops, t-shirts). I always find cheaper stuff when it comes to shopping for summery clothes.

5. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    Most of my "Summer" clothes are just well-worn t-shirts, shorts, and flip flops. Most of my shirts either come from thrift stores, or clearance/sales tables. I usually buy my shorts brand new from the cheaper stores and any place I can get a good deal. I'm a little picky about my flip flops, though. I have to have something comfortable, so I usually don't mind spending a little extra and going somewhere nice. I wear flip flops as much as I can when it's hot so I have to have something that won't fall apart on me.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy most of my summer clothes late June/early July. There is still plenty of time to wear them but the deals are unbelievable because the fall/back to school stuff is put out in July.

7. love_paradise

love_paradiseNew Member

Threads:
    As for me, I buy summer clothes when sales promotion comes during the beginning of Summer. these clothes are old style. Or I wait until summer has nearly ended. it is very cheaper. above all is to reorganize our closets before buying clothes, and decide what you need to buy. Even if some clothes that really suits you are expensive, you should get it because it wears very well. For you it is fashionable all along.

8. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I save by buying my summer clothes in the winter or late autumn. At those points in time the prices go down since all shoppers focus on the cold weather clothes. There was also a time when I was modifying my old pants to turn them into shorts. I stopped now - they don't look that good anyways and I save a little cash on the tailor.

9. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Buying the clothing that isn't so much high at uses or aren't much expensive and how we can get to understand is the through the statistics of its regular rate. So yeah buying the brands that aren't very expensive and not from very upper level of stores then surely and decent amount can be saved.

10. CraftsAndLooms

CraftsAndLoomsMember

Threads:
    I agree with you. Buying summer cloths in the winter is one of the best things you can do for saving money. You can also look for early summer deals that have huge discounts on summer cloths.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in Florida. All the clothes here are summer clothes and stores sell flip flops and sundresses all year long, so I just buy them on sale. I don't do anything special for hot weather clothes because it's always hot here and they're always available.

12. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of my summer clothes at thrift stores, yard sales and flea markets. I can always find great deals and very nice brands. If I am buying new, then I wait until the summer clothing goes on clearance.

13. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I usually don't change my summer wardrobe. I wear the same thing from last year. If I gained weight and can't, which has happened, I'll buy some of the cheap 3-5 dollar t-shirts at Walmart. I'll buy one or two pairs of shorts for 10-15 dollars. Then I buy a 4-7 dollar pair of flip flops which I will wear almost all year round.