Brainwave Desktop Oven

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ohiotom76 • May 18, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    For those of you who really cannot afford to leave your desk at work:

This is a rather clever design, though I suppose you would need to bring shelf-stable TV dinners to work with you rather than the refrigerated variety to really take advantage of the convenience of this. I mean, I suppose you could throw your stuff in the fridge and then go get it when you are ready to cook it, but the purpose hear seems to be to keep you out of the dining area, away from other employees.

The other reason this would be a good idea, was if the company itself came out with a line of meals that were specifically designed to be used in it.

2. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I assume the foods are made by the company as they have a scan code to tell the microwave how best to cook the food. I think this is just crazy. It is not hard for me to read the package for cooking instructions and if I am microwaving my lunch it isn't going to take so long that I need my computer to count down the time. Are we really getting to the point where we are not going to get up from our desks to eat? Is this really going to encourage a better work ethic? If you have a job where you can't leave your desk for long enough to microwave lunch, perhaps it is time to reevaluate your life.

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I'm curious if you think it's a good idea for consumers or for the company itself, ohiotom? I absolutely feel like the company itself can make hand over fist cash if this thing finds a place on people's desks.

lol As for lostvalleyguy: It stopped surprising me loooong ago that people have progressively become so lazy that I am waiting for computer chairs to incorporate a toilet directly into the seat.

4. sawan20

sawan20Banned

Threads:
    I am using this oven to cook the food.

5. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    LOL! That is very interesting indeed. I've never seen one of these, so thanks for sharing. I can't imagine cooking my lunch at my desk, though. I mean, I need a bit of time to get up, stretch and clear my mind in the middle of the day. Otherwise, I would really struggle to stay on task all day long. I would imagine that more people use this device than we think -- or that they will when they all find out about it.