Who's better - YouTube or Daily Motion

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by True2marie • May 19, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I want to watch a free movie, I search for it on YouTube or Dailymotion. Both spots have a lot of free movies that any Internet surfer can watch. What's great is that they don't necessarily duplicate each other. My question though - is which site is the best. YouTube? Dailymotion?

2. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    Probably Daily Motion, because Youtube is quick to delete any pirated movies uploaded. Though Youtube does have a lot of good free documentary films to watch.

3. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to use Daily Motion when I want to watch anything that is longer than 10 minutes, because Youtube either deletes them due to copyright law or there is a charge to watch them.

4. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I prefer YouTube. YouTube has a lot more videos and channels I watch than Daily Motion. YouTube is not as strict about having videos longer than ten minutes anymore. Navigating through Daily Motion is also a lot more confusing to me.

5. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Youtube has more content but I like DailyMotion more. Youtube feels more forceful and controlling. Also, Daily Motion videos always work for me unlike Youtube that says "an error has occured" sometimes along with other problems. Searching seems simpler and more accurate for Youtube though.

6. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Depends.

YouTube is more user-friendly. I like how they have set up the system now and it just feels easier on the eyes. I like how the videos can be accessed, shared, and viewed in comparison to Daily Motion.

The best part about Daily Motion is that they are not as strict with their terms. They will not delete videos within moments and they are lax when it comes to their rules for uploading.

It is all about what you are looking for in the end.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I would go for Youtube if I want to catch up with the latest movies or music videos. But when I need things like movies then I might consider getting myself on Daily Motion. Either way you get most movies with better quality from other websites and also torrent sites. Especially on torrent you can get any movie that you want so long as someone is still seeding.

8. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I forgot Daily Motion even existed. I'm sure its nice but everyone and their grandma still uses youtube so I'm stuck with that.

9. Gusten

GustenNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer youtube personally. Usually offers a wider variety of content. If you look around there are some communities out there that gather links with full movies uploaded on youtube, but I'm a bit afraid to post any links due to the possiblity of violating any rules. But in all honesty, if I know there is this specific movie I want to watch, I usually just turn to netflix to check if it's there, and if it isn't I torrent it :D A good way to guarantee proper quality and subtitles if the movie isn't in english.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To me Youtube, no question. I only ever use Dailymotion when the video I want to watch is not available on Youtube. I'm really used to it and love the layout and interface, I'm subscribed to a bunch of channels and I'm watching videos there daily. I have absolutely no complains about Youtube!

11. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    I think 90% or more would say youtube. After all, it is the biggest website in the world currently for a reason. Google really controls the internet to the fullest. I think I've been on daily motion once to twice. Youtube is a site I am on every single day. Usually at night.

Hard to compete with a website like youtube.

12. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think Youtube. Everything is available on Youtube or at least they have more videos than Dailymotion has. And also, Youtube has a friendlier interface making it easier and simpler to use. I am not much familiar with Dailymotion. I've only encountered it few times. Nevertheless, I don't see a need for me to switch from Youtube to another site of the same kind.

13. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer youtube over Dailymotion. While generally there are fewer full-length movies on youtube, it's a lot easier to download these movies and watch them on your PC rather than stream them. The last time I tried to download a Daily Motion movie, the software I used could not download the movie.

If my internet connection was fast enough I could watch the movies online without downloading them but since it's not that fast, I have to download my movies. Since I can only download from youtube, it leaves me with no options.

14. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any preferred site really, but when it comes to watching full documentaries I tend to go to Youtube since it has a lot more of those kinds of stuff and most of the people I watch are in Youtube. As for Dailymotion, they have a lot of movies and other great videos which doesn't really get into trouble when it comes to copyright.

15. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I think most people will and should pick Youtube. There's just a much larger selection of choices to choose from, in all genres. While they don't have many free movies available, they do offer pay to watch movies and there's still a bigger selection than what's on Dailymotion. I can't think of a time I've actually watched anything on Dailymotion.

16. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Both. Youtube for the fan-made stuffs and dailymotion for the official things. They each have their strengths and weaknesses. I'm thinking of watching some Lupin III again soon, or some classic Doctor Who. Either one would give me a nice relaxing break from things and make me smile.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Youtube is definitely better, in my opinion. There's just way more variety there and I like the fact that many of the videos are homemade and not an overly produced one by Hollywood. Those are still welcome for me, though, of course, but I feel as though the wave of homemade videos that Youtube has given us the opportunity to share and see is a very welcome and refreshing option.

18. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    YouTube is my choice. I find so many great clips of films and even entire movies on YouTube. I try to download the movies fast because I know YouTube will remove them for copyright infringement. DailyMotion is okay but I don't see much of a variety on this site. Maybe because I go on YouTube so often that I never really give DailyMotion a fair chance.

19. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I'm more of a YouTube person . Dailymotion has never really been a part of my life and so I think this is actually the first time I am encountering it on the serious level. I think after reading this, bit more intrigued and I'll definitely check it out and see if it is worth it. I like you choose because of the vast amount of knowledge it possesses. I love the tutorials and I love the things that people put up the. I am a sponge and a thirst for knowledge and so having YouTube so easy to access is great for me. I think that it is one of the best inventions of the 20th century.

20. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    I use Youtube all the time. The main reason is because more people upload videos to Youtube than Dailymotion. Almost everything you want to watch is already in Youtube. Plus, I don't know, the buffering time of Dailymotion can be quite slower that Youtube. Well, that's my experience.