Which companies do you believe have the worst customer service?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Kevin128672 • May 21, 2014.

1. Kevin128672

Kevin128672Member

Threads:
    I personally think that Comcast is a disgrace to the industry. They just aren't contributing anything to the competition of getting better internet service. I'm hoping that soon, everyone will have access to other providers, so they don't have to deal with Comcast. So, what are some horrible companies and why do you think they are horrible?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Phone companies have really bad service. Those are the worst and the ones that have the biggest amount of customer complaints. Nowadays I find that many companies are relly poor at customer service. They'll hire inexperienced people, will give very little training, not pay enough and will give them a high amount of calls everyday. That causes service to be really low quality.

3. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    You ask this question that few can answer. How many people do you know have used all kinds of phone companies? Most stick to one or two. I've used Telus my whole life. I did have a 2nd cell phone at one point in time which was through Rogers. In my experience people complain too much. I've never had any troubles in a long time. Might of had 2-3 issues in the last decade. Be thankful we have smart phones. I don't think complaining about a delay or anything like that is much to complain about. The fact we have a super computer in the palm of our hands it's amazing.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I think the Canadian phone/internet/television services called "Bell" and "Rogers" have the worse customer service. They make you want to leave the company and just when you're about to leave they offer you some sort of amazing deal that makes you want to stay with them. I also just hate how they still call me even though I'm no longer one of their customers. :/

5. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    Most phone and internet service companies do have terrible customer service. Clear Internet is AWFUL! Don't even bother with them.

I will say though that Verizon has been nothing but kind and helpful to me. They are always very patient when I call in, and they were able to cut my bill down $30 a month, which is awesome.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Psh, that's not even an opinion. That's a fact. I hate them so much that words cannot describe. They haven't cut off internet lately but I still can't get over the times they cost me money not including the bill. Their prices are too much. They keep showing that stupid commercial that they've improved but I don't see how. Maybe there has been no internet outages lately but sometimes the TV service still has problems and the internet seems the same.
    Everyone will have access to other providers? That will happen second Tuesday of next week.
    At this point they should be paying us to use their service. They've got billions of dollars. What do they need it for?

Also I would never use T-Mobile anymore. They're not as bad as Comcast of course but they do have hidden charges and for a while they'd keep trying to call to collect even though it's already been established that they're not going to get the money.

#6May 23, 2014
    Last edited: May 23, 2014
  7. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    Comcast and Time Warner Cable both get some of the worst complaints. They really have no incentive to listen to customers due to monopolies they have on their respective municipalities, and so they repeatedly trample on the people who pay them. They know that their customers have no other choice, so they take the complaints as complaints only matter when there is competition. Monopolies create no competition, and so why I, and many others, really hate them. I just hope alternatives become more available, just in case I ever move to a place where these two are.

8. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    When I was a Verizon wireless customer, I had the worst experiences with them. They were never very helpful and I had a lot of problems with promotions not showing up on my bill and they wouldn't be resolved very well. I spent a lot of time playing phone tag with various reps and one day I just decided enough was enough. They then sent a bill to me for time that I wasn't even with them. It was a truly awful experience, but I hope they've cleaned up their act since then.

9. Nickchick

Threads:
    I'm not surprised that Time Warner is getting complaints now. After all, I believe that Comcast bought them so that explains a lot. I know that money talks so it doesn't surprise me one bit but it's almost inhuman that the government is allowing them to monopolize.

10. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    The company that I've had experience with that seems to have the worst customer service is Walmart. I've been there to pay in person for an online purchase and followed their instructions from their website and no one seemed to know how to do it. In addition to that, it also seems like the customer service representatives always have a really bad attitude.

11. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    I think I would say (in general) all companies that don't have a 24/7 costumer service available other then FAQ pages without a phone number or email address. I hate it when I want to ask something or have a complaint and I cannot find the right info on a website. I think it's rude, callous and degrading is a way. In the end it's simple....... Never buy again from such companies ;-)

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think eBay and Paypal have terrible customer service. There have been times when I've had to call back multiple times to resolve a problem and times when I had to repeat myself because the agent wasn't listening. I don't think they care about retaining customers at all because Paypal doesn't really have any major competitors.

13. Nickchick

Threads:
    I agree with you. Most online jobs only pay you by Paypal and the ones that pay you by someone else doesn't have a debit card so they don't really have competition. Some people I have encountered said PayPal is great for them but that's probably because their problems were easy to resolve. I am still mad at PayPal for not taking my dispute on the scam of 300 dollars. It speaks volumes that there are a few hate websites about them with a lot of posts on them. If it turns out they lose money they're not helping you.

14. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Office Depot! I don't know, maybe it's just the store where I live, but wow their customer service sucks eggs. You can never find any of the employees and if you do manage to find one of them, they can't ever answer your questions! And then, they say they'll go get someone who can answer, except that they never come back! And no, it wasn't because I moved from where the employee left me, it's just that they never came back. And when I up to front to ask one of the cashiers where "Blah Blah" (I forgot the persons name, whoops) they told me that "Oh, she like, just clocked out." :mad: UGH. Staples also has kind of meh customer service, but I think that one is more the case of "the manager is a d*ck and makes everyone miserable" then the employees being actually crappy.

15. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Agreed with this! Walmart is probably the store/company where I consistently have had a bad experience shopping with and interacting with their customer service department. For instance, one time, they wouldn't take back a water filter that was broken in the packaging, even though I took it back the next day with the receipt. The only way I got my money back was having to speak with a manager who finally agreed to take the product back. And just overall, I don't feel like many of the employees are all that helpful when I'm walking around the store.

16. scottguy

scottguyNew Member

Threads:
    I've had a really bad experience with Hewlett-Packard. That being said I do work at a print shop that uses an HP printer so I'm sure I deal with them more than the average customer would, but they have been very unhelpful in servicing our printer, and in helping us get information on paper compatibility when customers want to print on their own roll paper rather than ours. Just very frustrating but I will cut them a break because maybe it just has to do with the niche market in which we work.

17. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had numerous problems with Verizon, and recently switched over to T-Mobile as a result. My last phone with Verizon, the Motorola Droid Bionic, gave me nothing but trouble. It would lose total power within a couple of hours, and it could barely stay connected to the data network, if it could connect to it at all. I would be using it to navigate me somewhere while driving, and it would just completely lose a signal for like 10-15 minutes at a time, leaving me driving around aimlessly. When I brought the phone in to complain to them about it, the employee was basically telling me that "yeah, that was our first 4G LTE phone, so it was kind of a test phone until we worked all the kinks out..." at which point I had to stop him and remind him that that's not what I was told when I bought it and got locked into a two year contract with it. That's the phone I paid *full price* for and I am still under contract on. It wasn't some "test phone" I bought at a discount. All the employees at Verizon want to do is upsell you every time you go in there to get answers to problems you are having with the phones they sold you.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One Walmart in my area has the worst. I stopped going to the store for a while the employees where so mean and rude. I go to a walmart in another area where the people are nicer.

19. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal and Victoria's Secret. Paypal because they don't seem to deal in fact they automatically side with the buyer and the seller is left without any money and a damaged or missing product. Trying to deal with Paypal's customer service is like spitting in the wind because despite what they say there doesn't appear to be any process as it's just a blanket across the board decision. I absolutely despise Victoria's Secret because years ago my sister who was recovering from an eating disorder (at the time she was 5 feet tall almost 80 lbs) bought a pair of pajamas there and the sales associate ringing her up said "you'll never fit into these you need to size up." I will never ever shop there again after that comment and the crappy response they provided when I complained to upper management about it.

20. Nickchick

Threads:
    That's not true. They didn't side with me and I took my time in disputing. I believe I am not the only buyer this has happened to as well. I would moreso put it they automatically side with the scammer.