Do you prefer to buy clothes in-store or online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Jrh2 • May 26, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    These days most people like to shop online for the convenience and cheaper prices but do you shop online for clothes or do you prefer to try them on in the shop?

I like to buy clothes in-store as returning items from the internet can be a hassle. I think it is good to be able to browse online though so I know what I am looking for in the shop.

2. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannonMember

Threads:
    Personally, I enjoy buying clothes in-person so I can determine if the outfit suits me or not. I seem to have bad luck when buying clothes online. Either the clothes will not fit right or they will just not look very good on me.

3. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I usually have to buy my clothes in store, even though I'd much rather buy them online. I have weird measurements, so I only ever really know if a garment will fit me is if I try it on before buying it. Someone bought me a really cute skirt, but it didn't fit me, because the sites sizing was different then the brands I usually wear. I'm normally somewhere between a 1x or 2x in womens; she bought me a freaking 4x, and it was still too tiny for me! I really love the conveniance of buying stuff online, but the only luck I've ever had with getting stuff online was tech or accessories. Never any clothing. ._.'

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It really depends.

For things like socks, underwear, and even some basic shirts, I prefer to buy them online because it's usually cheaper.

For items that need to be tried on like jeans, though, I have to go to a real store or I end up wasting my money.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Pretty much this.

If there's no reason for me to go into the store to buy a clothing item, then I'll look to find a better deal online. Some clothing items, like nice dress shirts, slacks, jeans, etc are all better to probably try on in the store before you buy them. Otherwise, it's just waste of your time and money.

6. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    Buying clothes in store gives me more comfort in knowing the clothes I picked out fit before I leave. I do, however, shop online quite a bit for myself and kids. The stores I order from are our regulars so we pretty much know how their clothes fit and what size fits best. I've not had any hassle with returning clothes or receiving credit when done so. I like how online sales are so much better then in store. You can even stack coupon codes online so that makes for an even better deal.

7. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer buying clothes that are on sale online, because usually they are way cheaper. Not only that, they are also among the last ones, so for me it's quite an opportunity to have them. Not only I buy them for cheap price, but I get the last stock. I've also noticed that when you buy in bulk, the greater your savings will be than when you buy in store. Buying online also saves me from the sales assistants who would not just stop bothering until you buy something.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never really bought any clothes online since if it turns out to be ill-fitting, then I would have trouble returning it, especially if the item is bought abroad. I'm not really comfortable buying clothes without trying them on, so I definitely prefer to buy clothes offline.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Both, but it also slightly depends on what I am buying. I like to shop in store for items I need immediately (don't want to sweat it out over expedited shipping) or items I have a hard time fitting (such as jeans or really pants of any kind. I like the instant gratification of b&m shopping but also enjoy getting packages. I sort of pick and choose now, I check the website to see the price and then compare it to the in store price prior to making a decision on where to shop.

10. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've had bad experiences buying clothes online. At one time I bought a coat and the seams bust the same day I wore the coat for the first time. The thing is you can't tell the quality of the fabric a clothe is made from [from a picture] no matter how good it looks. It's because of that I find it better to buy my clothes in a store.

And since I mostly buy used . . . it's a lot cheaper than ordering new clothes online.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to buy clothes in a regular store because I enjoy seeing them with my own eyes, feeling their touch and trying them on for the size that actually fits me. My wife on the other hands buy loads of clothes online and she's happy with it. Just one or another time she has a problem with colors or size, but she car return what she doesn't like and her money comes back to her, so that's good too.

12. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    As much as I like shopping for certain things on the internet, I would much rather go in to the stores to purchase my clothing. I prefer this because I enjoy trying on the clothes and seeing if they fit. I find that with clothes, something can look really cute, but when you try it on, you don't like the way it fits. I find it a hassle to always return it.

13. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Clothing is something that I need to buy in person, there are just too many things that you can't tell from just a picture and sure that most websites have return policies but it's just such a hassle.
    I prefer to buy in person so I can feel the material and it's quality and also depending on what clothing item it is, trying it out before buying.

14. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    In my opinion, buying clothes in-store is much more efficient. I have the option to pick my exact size, not have to pay for delivery/shipping/etc, and not have to wait a few days for clothing to arrive either.

15. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    Both are fine for me in a way and i have shopped through the right thing most of the times when we get to see things which goes according to the right needs is what that works in quite a sensible way.
    The thing is learning from something in terms of getting better is the way for it which goes well mate.

16. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    If you would have asked me the same question last year, my preference would have been in-store shopping. This year the allure of online shopping and deals have capture my attention. My obsession with online shopping became worse after I found sites like Deal Catcher, Ebates, and FatWallet. I haven't had a problem with clothing purchases received thus far. I always look for a particular brand I usually buy and stick to my size, maybe going up 1 size to be on the safe side. Also, returning is not a problem. I purchase from online retail stores - like Target or Walmart - that allow me to return the items to physical store locations in my area.

17. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    If you know your size in clothes well, I would say that buying clothes online would be good! But, buying in store would be also! Keep in mind, that if you shop online, you will have more of a variety of things to choose from.

If you don't know your size well, I would recommend buying them at the stores. If it's tee-shirts, then it would not matter as much if you know your size or not.
    I myself am a picky clothes buyer, and I would rather buy them in stores to make sure they fit. But, you are your own person, so do what makes you feel more comfortable! :)

18. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I use to love to buy clothing online but it wasn't until I had an bad experience with the size being wrong. Then the company didn't accept returns or I received the wrong items. So now I just buy instore this way I can try on and purchase and exchange.

19. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I buy my clothes in store, I just wouldn't want to take the risk and buy something online only to find that it is completely different from what I thought it would be and now I've wasted my money on something I would never wear. Plus, when you shop in store, you can actually try stuff on before you buy it and make sure that it actually looks good. If I ever do shop for clothes online, I make sure to shop from websites that would let me make returns in store, so that way returning stuff isn't a hassle.

20. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love online shopping, and so the *idea* of getting clothes online is always tempting, but for the most part it never works as well in practice as it does in theory. You can't feel the material, see how well it fits, how it looks *on you*, etc. if you're ordering it online. And it's a lot easier to decide to just put something back on the shelf than to mail it back and return it. So for the most part, I do clothes shopping in person.