Don't pay full jokes

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Gelsemium • May 27, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about posting some jokes about saving money? Sure, we don't need to go as extreme as this example I am posting, but you know, not this never happened before... :D

coupons_cartoon1.

2. stardisgate

stardisgateNew Member

Threads:
    Lol. I don't clip coupons but if I see one, I always have to ask if anyone is still using it. Luckily a lot of coupons have an expiration date that is a little bit away.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Haha! That's a cute comic! Although to be fair, the coupons are usually in a separate section of the newspaper, so that wouldn't generally happen anyway. :p

4. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, indeed, that's highly unrealistic! :D That happens to me sometimes actually, but usually not because of coupons, usually my kids clip stuff from the paper before I read it... Let me see if I find another joke to post here. This is fun too, sad, but fun! :D

awan226l.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Absolutely people are still using coupons, just last week I bought a bottle of my wife's shampoo for 0.50 cents, it's usually 7€ and it was 50% off at the store, then I had a coupon that was worth 3€ when buying a shampoo of that brand, so I bought it for about 7% of the original price, not bad :)

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I found this cute twist on the quote "Jesus saves." I found this amusing. acd127337d71a94daf2e4860f346716e.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This one is for the people who think that couponing is a waste of time. d7902c8e24695f840cc76f8f5e39be8b.

8. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    There are Gurus out there on the internet who practically get a week's worth of shopping for free, they really do work hard an diligently to find all these savings and I admire that, mostly I can't be bothered, but I will uses coupons if they more or less drop into my lap. I was in Target once buying some sanitary naps and a lady came over to me armed with coupons giving me a whole spiel about how I should be couponing and how different neighborhoods have different and better coupons in the same newspaper...and then she whipped out a coupon for the "ALWAYS" I was purchasing, for which I got $2.00 off, yippee-kay-yay! It was worth listening to her sermon for that healthy discount. I have put some of her teachings into practice since, but I will never be as rabid as she...in the nicest possible way.

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, even the poor Jesus has to cut coupons? We are in crisis indeed! :D

Haha, saving? Not quite! :p

comics-economy-cooking-thedoghousediaries-328561.

10. spacetimecontinuum

spacetimecontinuumMember

Threads:
    Yeah, but they'll get at least 3 meals outta that $43, so, winning! :)

11. Gelsemium

Threads:
    LOL, what do you mean by three meals out of $43 spacetime? From what I understand that's the bill for just one meal, I guess that it's a way of the woman showing that she prefers to eat out and that it is cheaper than eating at home haha... :D

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Agreed, I think the joke is that $43 is the cost of the special ingredients that the wife wants for one meal.
    In real life, I can make a lot of food with $43 because I bake from scratch, but it's a cute comic strip.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know people who religiously clip those Michael's coupons in the paper.
    031c841bd5a2709764018c21078c5230.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is why we work so hard to save and budget. d12a9a85bbf911d5ca5129c15c5f96da.

15. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I don't get that last one ACSAPA, we're just some money we used to owe, what does that mean? Saving money is an art these days, most of us just feels like this most of the time, we really need coupons and other financial engineering.

hilarious-jokes-money-talks_design.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm guessing that the hugely popular hit song "Somebody That I Used To Know" by Gotye was not a hit song in your country.

There's nothing to get, instead of singing "Now you're just somebody that I used to know." , Gotye is singing "Now you're just some money that I used to owe." because he paid off his debt. It's just a parody of a song that millions of people know and like.

I'm not sure why you're rambling on about financial engineering. It's just a pop song, like Thriller or Like A Virgin.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like Chris Parnell, and this sketch makes a lot of sense. a875467b7e31e91e270ed05b9f6a149b.

18. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Haha. that's a simple and a good one, but at the same time a huge criticism to to credit system. I really don't get why people get more and more credit cards and take them to the limit, that's going too far, debt will chase them for the rest of their lives.