Favourite place in the UK?

Discussion in Travel started by Jrh2 • May 28, 2014.

1. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    Have you ever visited the UK and if so where is your favourite place to go? If you haven't where would you like to go?

I live in the UK but enjoy seeing different places in the UK for a short holiday. My favourite place to go is Manchester as it is a really nice city and has some great shops to visit. I like to see a show whilst I am there as I love to watch musicals.

2. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I live in the UK and would recommend you visit the Cotswolds. Some seaside towns like Bournemouth are also very nice. Places that are bad to live in are sometime good for tourists to visit, and vice versa. Liverpool is a good city to visit and has many tourism hotspots, and wonderful architecture.

3. Da-xia

Da-xiaNew Member

Threads:
    My sister living in UK from last 29 years with her family. I traveled there just once in my life and visit the London eye. It was an awesome destination. We enjoyed there a lot. It was really very huge and 135 meter high.
    I recommend you to visit London eye as you can enjoy stunning rides over there.

4. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    There are many things to see and do in the Cotswold and if you want to see the natural places,shopping mall,Woodstock and many other activities are done in Cotswold and i think every year many tourist come here to visit the place...

5. Da-xia

Da-xiaNew Member

Threads:
    I agree with kasi, there are many natural attractions to visit like:
    • Cotswold Water Park
    • Westonbirt Arboretum
    • Hidcote Manor Garden
    • Batsford Arboretum
    • Newark Park

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do love Scotland while it is still in the UK. Apart from the main cities, St. Andrews is nice to walk around, but go during the Summer as it gets very cold, windy and wet.
    Another favorite is Brighton as the beaches are great, a bit pebbly but the Lanes and the atmosphere is contemporary and fun.
    I would also recommend the Lake District for it's beauty and also lots of the villages have remained the same.
    For historical sites, one is spoilt for choice, but Warwick Castle is a good one with many things to see and do.

7. Canadianlover

CanadianloverMember

Threads:
    I have a friend of mine who lives in London. If. We're to go thee it would be to visit them with y Canadian associates. I think it's turned into an Orwellian police state but I do like infrastructure and trains. I could get some snaps for my metro website as well.

8. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    There are many places in uk which are my favourite. I like Hadrian's wall, Warwick castle, Lake district, Tower of London, The Cotswolds, York Minister, Big ben, Stonehenge, London Eye. These are really amazing places.

9. jellybean

jellybeanMember

Threads:
    I love Liverpool, and it has changed a lot in the last 5 years with even more to see and do. Oxford is fun, as well as St. Andrews in Scotland, I also enjoy Cardiff, Wales and several places along the coast in Wales. My husband is British and although we mostly visit family when we're in the UK now, we used to travel around more before children.