Compression Shorts

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Gavin • May 28, 2014.

1. Gavin

GavinMember

Threads:
    Do not knock em until you try them!

I love my running trails and sometimes want to do a longer trail. However, I'm the guy who ends up getting some sort of rash or something along those lines from chafing on my thighs and I didn't know what to do.

I thought compression shorts were a joke but then I tried one pair and one run later I was hooked. If you're a runner and you haven't tried these things you're missing out. Definitely give em a shot!

2. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    what kind of shorts were you wearing before? The last time I had a rash from shorts was when I was a little kid wearing those shorts with the white mesh (basically underwear) inside of them. I buy for comfort. Never tried compression shorts. They do seem to be becoming more and more popular. I wont be purchasing them any time soon though I dont think.

I do wear compression shirts when working out, so I know how could the material is for athletes.

3. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I love running, but I haven't tried this kind of shorts it. And since I am always on the look for comfort while running, because running itself is already exhausting, I am going to try these shorts and clothes of this kind. The thing is now, are they more expensive, I expect to be? But to a great extent, big difference?

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    All my workout buddies who've tried these say they love them. That they really help with athletic performance and make working out easier and can do so for a longer period of time. I haven't invested in buying a pair, but getting a pair might one of the next purchases I make.

5. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    I have never got any rash before, so this isn't an issue for me. I prefer to jog in my Adidas running shorts and find them quite comfortable and cooling (hehe) enough. I may be narrow minded, but every time I see a guy in those skin tight shorts, I get weirded out a little.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any compression gear but I have heard that the tight material traps heat and oil next to the skin and promotes inflammation of hair follicles. Which can be a little painful and need to be removed. Some people like the tight fit of the material.

There has not been enough research on the wearing of compression gear to state that the use of compression gear help to improve the performance of the wearer.

7. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    This gear is awesome.

Compression socks also must be great!
    I'll be ordering when I get a chance :)

8. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I ran in cross country back in high school and our coach pulled the girls aside for a girls-only-meeting and told us that "No matter what size you are, your legs WILL chafe at one point or another." She highly suggested compression shorts because of that, and also she said that if we were to have a menstruation accident in the middle of the race it would be at least somewhat protected from public view and it won't be as embarrassing.

So, with that said, I LOVE compression shorts. It's seriously saved me tons and tons of chaffing. Plus it makes running so much...smoother?

Though I have never tried compression socks though like some people here have said. I'll have to look into it.

9. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    Take a look at this:

[video=youtube;w2QmPKQzywo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2QmPKQzywo[/video]

It's kind of boring, but will get you up to speed when it comes to it.
    Nothing like trying it though...

10. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of compression socks, or seen any yet, so I can't say anything about them, but I love compression shorts. They are really comfortable and don't hinder me in any way. They are just the most convenient shorts when it comes to running or actually fitness in general.