Callipo ice-cream

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Gelsemium • Jun 12, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been eating it for the past 20 or 30 years possibly and I had one this weekend after some years and it felt better than ever. It's a just ice ice-cream with cola, lemon and strawberry flavors, so it's really refreshing for a hot summer day.

In what countries is this Callipo ice-cream sold? Have you tried it?

[​IMG]

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    This is sold in Portugal.
    And you ingredients list is kind of off...

Here's hot it goes:

Water, Sugar, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Glucose Syrup, Lemon Juice from Concentrate, Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Stabilisers (Locust Bean Gum, Tara Gum), Colour (Sulphite Ammonia Caramel), Flavouring

This stuff is poison... I don't know how you feel about your body. But I'm not feeding this to mine.

I used to love it as a kid of course :rolleyes: That's how the food business scams us. Cocaine for children it is...

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Now you are appealing to my conscience, you shouldn't have done that! :D I know that it's unhealthy and I don't eat it as a routine, let's say 2 or 3 per year it's not so bad is it? I agree that the food industry is not aiming money and not to give us a proper nutrition, but sometimes I just need to relax and have something fresh.

Scary composition though. :)

4. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had this lime one, but I've had the strawberry one and it's great!
    Sure it's bad for you, but what isn't? I don't think you can go through life worrying if an icecream everyone in a while is going to be terrible for your health or not.
    Otherwise on a hot day, what are you going to eat? Eat ice and drink water?

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Actually, it looks like it's sold in a lot of countries....not just Portugal!

I've never had them, but I wouldn't expect an ice cream to be rather healthy usually anyway, so that part doesn't surprise me.

6. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    It's just that we've spoken on different threads, and I know you're a guy who, like me, strives to compete in athletics... This is a big no no dude.
    But I sometimes eat Ramen Noodles, and that will screw you up so...

But as far as ice creams go, this is the worse of the worst...

7. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, I mean, I have been playing tennis for a while and I do social competition, so it's nothing really too serious. Just recently I started taking a peek on natural supplements because I felt that the excessive effort I submit my body too needed something more than food, but than won't get me away from my occasional Callipo... :D

8. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    If you're comparing the occasional ice cream to the occasional ramen noodles, I'm willing to bet that the noodles will be worse for you, especially if it's those you just add the powdered flavoring.
    Of course that if you look hard enough, most things are bad in some way, but we need the occasional treat to keep happy :)

9. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I really can't say if ice-cream are better than ramen noodles, I do know that processed foods are unhealthy, but even if our body is a temple we can eat these things once in a while, considering we have an overall healthy diet. Don't forget ice-creams are directed to kids, if they were that bad most likely authorities would forbid them no?