Do you use stick notes software in your desktop?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by 003 • Jun 16, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I do. Because there is always a lot of things that I have to do that a lot of them I forget and that I only remember very few, I have to be always reminded of them. And the only way to do it is to have it written into desktop my sticky notes. It's not only for that, I also use it for taking down very important notes like putting a url into it that I will get back later on, writing newly encountered words that I find cute and a lot more. I use 7 sticky notes and not the one the comes with Windows, which is too bland. But before I used to use it when I haven't found yet the 7 sticky notes.

2. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I do write certain reminders and stick it on my laptop every night before I go to bed so when I wake up in the morning, I know exactly what to do or what to work on for that day. Otherwise I will just start on random stuff and that really can mess up my schedule.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't use sticky notes on my desktop, if I want to be reminded of something then I will use my phone's drafts menu and I will just save it there. It has proven to be quite effective for me since I always look at my phone anyway, so I get to be reminded of things that I have to do.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't use sticky notes for my computer, but I think it's a great idea. I remember thinking years ago that I wish I had some type of sticky note software, but I forgot about it. It's too bad that I didn't follow-up on that idea. I'm going to check out that 7 Sticky Notes.

5. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Yes!!!

I use sticky notes every day at work. They are just the right size to stick next to the programs I use and keep notes. To make things interest, I often switch up the colors. My favorite colors are blue, pink and purple.

6. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer notes that would sync between my computer and my laptop. Evernote is one piece of software the Mrs and I use to sync all our devices together and it can be rather handy in terms of grocery lists and alike as well.
    That said, certain types of notes need to remind you at a specific time rather than simply exist in a catalog, in those cases I just use my phone and take advantage of Google now voice system "remind me to...." or "set timer x minutes."

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I do not use such things, but I do have a large cork board above my desk that has a daily "to do" list attached to it. To be honest I normally ignore it, but I did try sticky notes before and I would ignore them as well. I wonder if a sticky note program might work? These programs place sticky notes on your computer screen and you can only remove it by clicking it so you are going to look at it.

8. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried to use the stick notes software few times before, but it has not really been very useful to me. I think I'm the type to read notes but I don't actually take mental notes of them and really get to use the benefits of these notes. I think I'm the type to need a personal assistant to help me and gave me in my daily tasks. Other than that I feel as though any other type of note taking would not really benefit in the way that it would others.

9. JoshTheboss

JoshThebossMember

Threads:
    Yes!

I love using Sticky Notes!

I guess I finally "went green" :D

10. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    I love the sticky notes app that is built in windows. It is quick, neat and easy to use. It also has quite a few editing and formatting options. For someone who uses their computer for long hours, this is the best program out there. One downside is that you can't email your notes for use on the go. Like, I can't see my notes through my phone. But, if it is necessary, I just snap a photo of the notes. My phone has the option to message or email the notes, which is niftier, but I would say that the built in program is the best for your PC.

11. johnnear

johnnearActive Member

Threads:
    I do. But only when I have to work on my computer to do the tasks in the notes. For the most part, I like wrting down my tasks on a piece of paper and sticking it somewhere I can see it often. Writing my tasks lets me remember them more compared to just typing them out on a software. I also find it gratifying when I get to cross out tasks on my notes.

12. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    I either use sticky notes and put them on my monitor if I need to be reminded about something when I'm at my desk or I send it to my phone via PushBullet when I want to be reminded when I use my phone the next time. It's really useful to send notes or small files from one device to the other almost instantly without having to email it to myself.

13. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I stopped using sticky notes programs because I found that I would put up like 30 sticky notes and then never actually pay attention to them. I'd rather use physical sticky notes or write things down because I'm more likely to come back to them later. However, I know a few people that use sticky notes programs to great effect, and they swear by them.

14. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, I like my desktop clean. So instead of using sticky notes on my desktop I write on paper the tasks I need to remember doing. Kinda silly in this day and age but it gets the gob done better than the sticky notes I write but never read. I used to be a fan of paper sticky notes and placed the things all over my fridge - most times I never read them so I stopped using them. This is why I didn't even try using them on my desktop.

15. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I do use them before but now I just ditched them because I found it pretty useless since I pretty much close them all because they take up too much space on the screen and I find them quite annoying sometimes. I usually just use a paper and stick it in my monitor.

16. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to just write it down on an actual sticky note. I do have sticky note apps on my desktop but they're really not for reminders they're more for quick listings, for example, I'm watching a movie and I had to shut the computer down I would copy the time code for when I resume the movie later or if I have multiple links to copy and paste, stuff like that. For long time reminders I just use a real paper.

17. Thrix

ThrixMember

Threads:
    Right now, I have 13 of them. Quite the number.

I should probably start with an alternative method because my browser is on almost all the time, which makes me forget to read the notes, lol.
    Maybe real sticky notes, like becca does.

18. sharpayvargas1

sharpayvargas1Member

Threads:
    At work, I use sticky notes. I also use it in my personal computer. With windows 7, you don't need to install it anymore but the computer I used at work has Windows XP. I had a hard time trying to find an installer for sticky notes. I found some but they were not really convenient to use. I will not write on papers so no need for erasures if I have corrections. Sticky notes will be really useful to busy people who have a lot of things to remember.

19. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I use sticky notes as well, in green color. :p It's very useful and convenient when you put one on the desktop because if you have something to take note of, you just put write it down on the note and the good thing about it, is you can stick notes on the desktop without limit. You can cover your whole screen with notes if you want. The downside is, since my family use my laptop sometimes i can't put some really important or personal notes in it. I only write down some safe, everyone-friendly reminders. :p

20. LuckyGirl08

LuckyGirl08Active Member

Threads:
    I use the sticky notes software that came on my laptop. I only use it for important notes so I can remember what I have to do. I also use them for referral links and names that I have to email. I have a online store and the sticky notes also come in handy for when I am low on certain items. I use a sticky notes to remind me what items I need to order. I have never used 7 Sticky but I might try it out because the sticky notes that came with my laptop is getting boring and plain.