Swagbucks & Restaurant.com

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by ragtimeannie • Jun 18, 2014.

1. ragtimeannie

ragtimeannieActive Member

Threads:
    Any other Swaggernauts here? :D I make about $100/month on Swagbucks by searching, taking surveys, watching videos, and playing games. It's super easy and fun "work"! If you don't already belong to Swagbucks.com, it's worth checking out.

Generally 1 Swagbuck equals about 1 cent in value when you redeem your Swagbucks for gift cards. I used to just get $5 cards at Walmart for 500 Swagbucks, or sometimes a $5 giftcard for Amazon.com for only 450 Swagbucks. But today I discovered you can get coupons for restaurants for a deep, deep discount -- only 400 Swagbucks for $25. Yeah!

You need to be careful when you do this though to make sure that there's a restaurant near you that will take the coupon AND if they require a minimum purchase. These are not gift cards like Walmart and Amazon. However, they can result in some serious savings.

I'll use my real life situation as an example: My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary in a couple weeks, and, even though things are really tight for us right now, I wanted to find a way for us to go out and have a nice date. I checked the restaurant.com website to see if there were a restaurant in our area that would be good for us, and bingo, I found one with country music, steaks, dancing, and even a mechanical bull. This will be an anniversary to remember!

I spent some time reading the restaurant's page on restaurant.com, especially looking for any minimum purchase requirement. (If you want to take a peek at what I saw, here's the page I'm talking about:

) There in the upper right, it says $25 certificate, and it says your price for buying it from restaurant.com is $10. This is where I get to feel a little smug, since I'm getting this for less than that! And it says "Minimum purchase of $37.50." Ah-ha! So with this voucher, we should expect to spend about $12.50 or more for our dinner, about one-third of the regular price! Wow!

I used my Swagbucks to purchase the $25 voucher for only 400 Swagbucks. (To put that in perspective, I can make 400 Swagbucks in about an hour and a half. Your mileage may vary!) And to pay for the rest of our anniversary dinner, I'll be using one of the $25 Paypal payments I get from Swagbucks, so in the end, we're going to have an awesome anniversary, and it will cost nothing except maybe the tip.

Back to the restaurant's page on restaurant.com, I noticed they don't take these vouchers on Wednesday 2-for-1 steak nights. It's always good to skim through the comments before you try to use these vouchers. Also, I read on the Swagbucks website that some restaurants are including the tip in the price of the meal, so be aware whether or not that's the case if you use one of these vouchers so that you can tip accordingly. And remember, if you run up a $40 bill but only pay $15.00 for it, be sure to tip the waitress at least 10-20 percent of the $40. Those hard working folks deserve their tips!

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that sounds like a neat way to save money if you plan to dine out. I always thought swagbucks was a waste of time but if you can in one hour make enough to save $15, I think it's worth checking out.

Thanks for sharing that information.

3. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Whoa that's really great income considering it's online so congrats. I've heard of Swagbucks but i never really had the chance to try it out. I've read great reviews about it and it really seems like a legit money making site online. As for restaurant.com, this is the first time I've heard about it. I'm going to try swagbucks later today. Hope it would help me too. :p

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to use Swagbucks back in the day when I was first starting out trying to make money online. I used to earn peanuts and I'd be on there all day. Most people don't make $100 a month using Swagbucks, so I'd like to know what you are doing differently. Before they banned the use of bots, I used to make good money on there. But now that they have eliminated the use of bots, it's pointless to use the website, as the money that you get is not worth the time that you will have to put in to earn it. Also, the money that you earn takes way too long to reach your paypal/bank account.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I still read of people making money on Swagbucks, but I think it's pretty much a slow earner. It seems many people who're registered there're very happy as you don't see many negative reviews. So far I don't think I've come across anybody making anywhere near $100 per month, so kudos to yo!. Wait, unless all these people don't want the rest of us to know they're raking it in in case we go and join the party LOL?

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Swagbucks is such a waste of time, and it's the perfect way to give your personal information to every marketing agency out there. That's how Swagbucks works in that you give away your browsing habits and personal information in exchange for pennies, while marketing firms and Swagbucks itself pockets thousands of dollars for your efforts. It's impossible to make minimum wage in any state on the site, so you're basically wasting your time by maximizing your time and effort while destroying your earning potential. You'd make about the same amount of money walking the streets, looking for loose change, to be honest.