Why do you exercise?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by JaydonTyler • Jun 24, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    People exercise for various reasons. From health to looking good, people exercise for their own reason.

When it comes down to it, my focus is on health. But, with health comes "looking your best". I like to feel good and I feel good when I look my best. I workout with the intentions of being "desirable" to my girl.

That would be my answer "I dont do it for me I do it for you". haha

2. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I exercise because I want to be more muscular, I am too skinny, I want to also fix my kyphosis. I want to attract more women, muscles are part of the attraction and are very important. Health is the byproduct of exercising.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I sometimes exercise because it elevates my mood if I've been having a bad day. That's probably the only reason why I exercise from time to time. Otherwise, I'm not obsessed with staying fit because I'm not as young as I used to be.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like I said before I don't do traditional exercise. I just dance but I do it because it's fun and I think it's adequate enough to maintain my health and weight. I try to do it more often on my time of the month to help the cramps so it makes being a woman a little more bearable.
    I also walk the dogs at least once a day around the block to get them exercise as well as myself and I probably get sufficient air in doing so.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Exercise is really a miracle cure. It betters your health, looks, mood, etc.. Yet people still look elsewhere for solutions that likely will show worse results.

It doesnt matter what exercise you do, being active on it's own will benefit you. People dont think of it like this, but yoga is one of the best exercises and all it is, is stretching.

6. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    I'm reasonably happy with my overall size, but I just believe I generally function better when I take care of myself. Obviously good health is more-so in the kitchen than anything, but complimenting that with a few workouts can do wonders.
    I remember back in school where it wasn't as important for me to study, but rather to be rested and energized for my classes the next morning. You're so much sharper when you take care of yourself.

7. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise because I want to stay limber. Also, I don't want my weight to get out of control. I see a lot of older people who are crippled up with arthritis and I don't want that to be me one day. So I figure now is the time to start getting a handle on it so that I can attempt to grow old with grace.

8. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise for three reasons:

1. It makes me feel good.
    2. It helps me to lose weight.
    3. It helps me stay in shape for football.

I wish it wouldn't be such a chore to get me into my gym (I turned my shed into a home gym) because once I'm in there I thoroughly enjoy my workouts.

9. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    When I eat healthy and workout I feel and look great. What other reason does a person need? All I have to do is eat a greasy pizza once in a while to know I'll never go down that road again (heart burn and feeling bloated and crappy after eating I can do without). I think the biggest mistake a lot of people make when the fail with eating healthy, is that they don't have the slightest clue what healthy eating is. They try eating nothing but veggies and fruit and end up feeling like crap because they are starving their bodies of the protein and good fats it needs to be healthy. They obviously don't get the results they were looking for, because protein and good fats are the most important factors in burning body fat and keeping muscle. Healthy eating is balancing all of your meals, because that is how your body functions best. Not to mention that is how you avoid cravings for junk food, because you don't get low blood sugar , like you do when you eat a mostly carb meal (as most people do when they diet). Not to mention the feel good hormones like endorphin after an intense workout. That's the best high there is.

10. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I exercise to mainly lose weight and to tone up my body. But I do like exercising because I don't feel as sluggish as I used to when I didn't. I feel more refreshed and healthier.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I exercise to look good and to feel better as well. Whenever I am out of shape, I usually get easily winded out and it gets really uncomfortable when I'm feeling tubby. Also, it's way more difficult to shop for clothes when I'm in my out of shape phases, so having learned my lesson, I just exercise so I don't have to feel uncomfortable when buying clothes again, nor do I limit my choices to only being able to purchase designs with bigger sizes. When I'm at a smaller size, I'm able to choose from a wider range of clothing options.

12. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I do it because it's fun really. I play in my university's dodgeball team and it's great fun, and gets me out of the house, out to meet some really cool and nice people. It's good fun and not actually as childish are people may think when they first hear about it;some of those players can throw very hard!

13. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I exercise for me and to look good, right now I'm super skinny and I'm looking to build some muscle so I can actually fill out my clothes a little. Plus, since I haven't been blessed with nice curves, I've decided that the best course of action is to build them, so I do a lot of leg workouts that specifically target my glutes, so I can have a perfectly round booty.

14. IrishLad

IrishLadNew Member

Threads:
    I exercise for two reasons. The first is it makes me feel good, there's no better feeling than the runner high I get while out on a jog. The other reason is because it makes me look good, and that's very important to me. I go on 2/3 long jogs per week, and go to the gym 4 times a week as well.

15. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    I exercise for two reasons... mostly.

I want to lose weight to be healthy. I want a healthy heart, healthy skin, healthy muscle. The whole kitten caboodle.

I also love to sew costumes, and a lot of the costumes I want to make are suited for thinner people. Even though I have no qualms about making it for my size, I want to portray the characters as accurately as possible. Plus, I think I'd look a lot better if I was in shape for the costumes.

16. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    At first, I exercise because they say it's healthy and it's good for you. After a few years of regularly exercising, I found out that it's fun doing so and it became part of my daily routine. Don't get me wrong, I still get sick from time to time but exercising daily made my life so much fun. I have all the energy that I need. I do whatever I want to do because of exercising daily. You should do it too! :)

17. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise for a few reasons. It is sorta my health. I got really overweight and I was having so many pains, and I felt sick, and emotionally I was miserable. When I started dieting and exercise I did it because I wanted to feel better and live long. The second reason which is also the main reason I work out is because I want to look good for my husband. I want to stay sexy for him, I understand men are visual creatures. He loves me regardless if I'm chubby or not, but I want to look my best. My recent reason is my wedding. I want to look back and look great, plus I don't want to stand in front of everyone looking bloated.

18. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I exercise because of my food addiction and binge eating. If I am not doing it, I would have already probably gone obese, unhealthy and diabetic. Trust when I eat, I eat like I haven't eaten for a decade. What's even more surprising is that I keep on eating the same food almost everyday. I think I only change the food that I eat when I no longer want it, when I am overly used to it. But as long as I want it, I keep on eating it for weeks, nonstop. I think the only time I am not eating is when I am asleep and when I am typically doing something in which I really couldn't eat like when I am in the class or of course working out.

19. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I exercise because I have made it a part of my life. About two and a half years ago, I got really sick - not terminally, just near pneumonia and a lot of respiratory problems. That punctuated a very unhealthy lifestyle where I was tired all the time and relatively unable to spend great deals of quality time with my children or wife. So, once I began to feel better, I made a deal with myself to walk everyday I possibly could, at least 1 mile. Starting out was hard, but I kept walking and had an 81 day streak going before my first day off. Since then, I have a compulsion to go out and exercise. On days I miss, I feel off, and like I'm missing something.

I've now added T25 workouts, and feel great...I wanted to add muscle, and get my strength back which has worked very well.

20. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I exercise pretty much exclusively to lose weight. I am overweight, and I really want to lose the extra weight, so afraid for my diet I need to exercise. Of course, when I get to my goal weight I still want to keep exercising to maintain my shape and be healthy, but right now I work out and exercise to lose weight and get fit.