Best vacation?

Discussion in Travel started by Strykstar • Jul 2, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    What's the best vacation you've had? Maybe a location that really surprised you and was much better than you expected.
    For me it would be the week spent in the French Riviera, you hear about it but don't really realize how incredible it is until you spend some time there.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    We went to Greece a few good years ago, before all the political tension started. The food and sights were awesome and we didn't spend that much, everything was accessible. We got to travel by boat to some islands and bathe in the clean waters of Greece, fun! And we'll never forget the color blue that Greek people love so much.

Other than this, no vacations for us abroad. We'd rather visit sights that are closer to home :)

3. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    Best (or dream) vacation for me is going to a remote northern island (Batanes) here in our country. However, I think I can only enjoy it if I have my whole family with me. However again, I don't think my children will appreciate the place for lack of internet/technology. Maybe when they get a bit older or more mature we can finally go there and really enjoy the island. :)

4. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    The best one for us was our 10 day photo-safari in South Africa.

My husband and I are "Animal Planet" junkies. We even watched Wild Kingdom when we were kids (for anyone old enough to remember Marlin Perkins and Jim)

So, going to South Africa and seeing those amazing animals live, in color, in their natural environment was a dream come true. There was, literally, no place on the entire planet we'd rather have been.

We have some incredible photos. National Geographic level stuff.

Every vacation we ever took was pale in comparison to this one. At least, until the next time we go to South Africa (or Botswana, or Kenya). I am thinking 4 years down the road.

5. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds like an incredible experience!
    Did you have any trouble while you were there, in regards to living conditions, or did you stay in great resorts or hotels?
    That's a concern for me when traveling to Africa, it seems you only know what accommodation conditions you have when you get there.

6. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    Best vacation? It is DEFINITELY the Philippines. It is awesome there. I've been there a few times and there's nothing but fun! Filipinos are the nicest people in the world. I kid you not. Aside from their hospitality and generosity, the Philippines have been blessed with SO MANY GREAT NATURAL SITES! They have small waterfalls that you can actually use as a slide! They have the perfect weather for surfing or just lounging on the beach. There's so many more and I hope you go ahead and visit the Philippines. It's a piece of heaven on earth.

7. IrishLad

IrishLadNew Member

Threads:
    Mine would have to be Australia. Went for nearly the full summer two years ago. I went with 3 other lads. We started off by flying into Sydney and staying there for two weeks, then Melbourne for a week and a half and finally Canberra for another week and a half. It was the best 5 weeks of my life and I can't wait until I get back, I'm hopefully gonna go again next summer.

8. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    The best location for me is usually heading out to the lake just a few miles out of town for me. I used to think that for me to have a great vacation not have to leave the country in search of a great place for me to rest. Yet right within the same country that I live in is greatly and great resort. I love being close to the lake and I love the sound of water. One crazy thing about the lake is that you tend to want to go to the toilet a whole lot more often than usual. The sound of the waves makes you eager to go to use the toilet. Apart from that I love the feel of it and I love getting away and being one with nature just for a little while

9. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    Greece is one of the best place for the vacation i really like and i want to know about the other peoples remarks about the Greece and many peoples or visitor want to take visit..

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would say my favorite vacation to date was one I made to Los Angeles in 2012. I was there only for 5 days, but it was out of this world. I went to Universal studios, Rodeo drive, The Groove and I even saw a premiere happening in Hollywood Blv and saw Jim Carrey!! It was amazing, truly amazing and magical, a trip I'll never forget!

11. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Strykstar! I did not visit French Riviera but my favorite destination for weekend is Bali or Venice. They are very beautiful and glorious place. I Love to go there again and again. Last year I have visited them with my family. I really enjoyed my tour. Bali has many stunning beaches. They have magnificent views. These beaches are surrounded by huge mountains and wonderful greenery. Did you ever visit them?

12. daren

darenMember

Threads:
    i love paris, venice, istanbul, sardinia, rome and florence. these are the places where i enjoyed alot, i spend my best vacations at this places. and there are some beaches too which i love.

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a "best vacation place" that I can think of. I travel a lot, and every place that I have been to had something special and unforgettable about it. I loved the north of Australia, Papua New Guinea, the North Island of New Zealand. I enjoyed my time in Dubai. I absolutely adored the Greek Islands and Andalucía in the south of Spain. But one of my most favourite places on earth is a small town in Colombia. :)