High level beauty products

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Livvy • Jul 7, 2014.

1. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Do you ever find yourself splashing out on expensive beauty products? Obviously you can get by with the incredibly cheap beauty products you find in the dollar/pound store, but...well, they're not always as nice, you know? So do you sometimes just go out and buy the really good stuff?

Personally, I do every now and then, especially if its a gift for a friend. You can buy big gift sets for relatively cheap if you shop around, and they could last you a long time. In particular, I'm a patron of the Soap and Glory products.

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    Like you, I do every once in awhile. I love beauty products and its fun to treat myself. One thing that I will always splurge on is nail polish. I love OPI because it is good quality and lasts forever. I haven't actually bought nail polish in quite awhile because I don't have time to paint my nails with a toddler running around. I've actually been leaving him with his Daddy about once a month so I can go get pampered at a nail salon and have someone else make them look pretty. I've been lucky enough to afford that treat so far this summer but you could definitely say that its my beauty splurge! I love trying out new nail designs I find on Pinterest.

Other than that, I get by with not necessarily Dollar Store brands but definitely drugstore brands that are just as effective as the high end products. My favorites are Maybelline mineral powder and CoverGirl eyeshadow.

3. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    I usually prefer spending money on high end beauty products, especially when it comes to makeup staples like foundation. Although it seems like these products seem like they are ridiculously overpriced, they are better value than stuff from the drugstore for many reasons, one being that they last longer and the second being that they are better for your skin and won't cause you to breakout or get skin irritation.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I use to do this until I went to a beauty salon and the lady did my face with products that she had purchased at Walmart. When I tell you I looked so beautiful with these less expensive products. I had be going to the Marays and JcPennys buying all these 30 to 60 products and I didn't even need them. Since then I buy the non expensive products and cleanse my face twice a week and my skin looks great.

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I used to only buy high end beauty products because I loved the packaging and the experience of going into a fun store and splurging. Since I wised up with money I tend to mix it up and have a wide range of very inexpensive (think $1 eye primer) to somewhat expensive ($40 lipstick). Now I use what I like best and if I can find a cheaper alternative I always go for it.

6. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't suppose you could share the best face cleanser that you're using Stacy?

7. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    Well, for one thing: if "drugstore foundation" was making skin break out or irritating it, I wouldn't be so dim as to keep using it. I would discontinue it and go back to what I know works which IS high-end beauty products. I also wash the make-up off my face every night so I don't have build-up which can also cause break-outs. I have spent the money on high-end beauty products and I've spent half the amount of money on a product that does the same thing from the drugstore. The drugstore products worked just as good, if not better.

8. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I won't splurge on a beauty product, unless I've really tried and tested it. There were times in the past that I would spend a lot on a beauty product, but it actually will just cause irritations and I would end up having to just throw the rest. I think it's really a big waste of money. I will make sure I spend only on products that are fit to my skin type.

9. jcort

jcortMember

Threads:
    I love Urban Decay makeup, even though it is super expensive and out of my price range. Their Naked palettes are amazing, and totally worth the cost.

I usually end up asking for that for my birthday or for Christmas.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Makeup is the one thing I will go all out and splurge on sometimes. I get cheap clothing, shoes on sale but I have always had a soft spot for department makeup. So I prefer getting clothing on clearance at Forever 21 and buying my makeup at Sephora!!!

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is important to me to purchase quality lotion and creams, I have dry skin using inexpensive creams it does nothing for me after putting the cream on my skin is still dry. When I use top quality products I do not have to mix anything into the product or apply the product more than once to get the effect I need.