Relationships

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Peninha • Jul 8, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just stumbled into this pearl of wisdom that I had to share...

LOL, don't mess up with women or else they will mess up with you. Living and learning all the time. :)

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I have so many girl friends that keep going back to the same guy and relationship, even after they get treated like a game. I've been there, I think we all have at one point and we all have to eventually learn that we are worth more than that. I'll admit that I've also played my own fair share of games but the day I met my husband, I knew I was done. I never felt the need to play games with him or play hard-to-get and he never did any of those things to me either. We were always straight forward and honest about how we felt for each other and because of that, we knew what we wanted and were married within 6 months of meeting each other. Those feelings at the beginning of our relationship have always stuck with me though: when you meet the one you're meant to be with, you won't have time to play games nor will you ever want to.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, that sucks dusty. I think that a relationship should be based on respect and if there isn't mutual respect, confidence and trust the relation will have no future. What's the point in sharing our life with someone that doesn't respect us?

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I think we've all played games and stay with people who don't treat us well, but as we grow up we realize our worth and don't put up with that anymore. Interesting quote to start this thread, I think many people can benefit from it.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are so many clichés. Personally, I don't buy into them. I see many relationships around me that are very unusual, to say the least. So these standard ideas that get promoted through the media, are mostly irrelevant to me. No true relationship fits into any of the alleged compartments, and if it does, then I'd say it is pretty superficial. :)

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To often people see a relationship as a contest as to who will come out as the winner. Instead of working to make it a good relationship and the opportunity to know each other.

7. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No way, but I know what you mean Pat. I see my relation as a team work, a team effort, a team pleasure. Me and the wife, we complement each other, what I don't know she does and the opposite is also true. Sure, we also fight from time to time, but most of the time we work as a team and this applies as well when shopping and saving money. ;)

8. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    "Like a team" is the way it should be! :)
    Good going, Peninha! Let's all follow your example!

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Haha, thanks for the encouragement words VTEC, but not everything is easy as you probably know. Just yesterday had a huge fight over nothing, but I guess these are things that have to happen from time to time, when we don't fight at all something is wrong right? :)

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well that saying refers to the girls with brains who know when to stay or when to go, but for the dumb and martyr ones, then sorry to say, you are just making a fool out of yourself by coming back to the wrong person once you know he has played you.

11. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I actually have never played games. I have been in an abusive relationship, but was there because I had no where else to go and I was too scared to leave. However, a friend came and picked me up and later I ended up meeting a new man who treated me like a Queen for the first time in my life (the people in my past, even in my family weren't very good.) My life and view on life completely change. We don't play games, we are open and honest. We treat each other like Queen and King and are still that mushy lovely dovey couple 5 years later.

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is so true, relations should be based on mutual respect and I've seen quite a few people with low self-esteem that accept being treated in a way that is not equal, but in fact they should not be in such relations, they should be with someone that loves them and respect them.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think OP's quote holds true for all women. There are women who tolerate being played and allow themselves to be treated badly. It's unfortunate and I've even been guilty of putting up with less than fair treatment from my ex. It would be nice if OPs quote was true and all women stood up for themselves.

14. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, I totally believe in equality in the relationship, I don't feel that men or women are superior to each other and that relations should be held with respect. Sure, there are differences, but it's exactly in the difference that we grow.

15. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    Thats true! the same way you got her, you have to keep her.

16. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not the exact same way Misslisa, it's a whole different level of relationship when you've been married for 5, 10 or even more years. It's a lifetime partnership so it has to be based on mutual respect and compromise, that's the only way to make it work.

17. DTracy3

DTracy3Member

Threads:
    I think everyone plays games in a relationship to a certain degree. Especially in the beginning people tend to only show their good sites to make a good impression. This isn't even anything bad since everyone is doing it, but in a serious relationship, there's always a time where that has to come to an end and people start to get serious. I also believe in equality in a relationship, also sometimes, there are relationships that work just as good with someone being the more dominant part.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I absolutely agree with those who say that it's all about mutual respect and trust. It's not a competition and we all like to know we're appreciated, loved and respected. Although it's sad when you see some people staying in a toxic relationship, for whatever reason. I agree that women especially, get wiser as they grow older to accept no less than what they deserve in a relationship by learning not to sell themselves short. Not all, obviously there'll always be exceptions, but most of them do!

19. vdenayb23

vdenayb23Member

Threads:
    I have been in a few relationships that I thought were good ones but always turned to be a bad on. All I want is love,respect and to always be honest. Thats why I am happy to say now I have that the man I am now with shows me all what I want plus more. He showed me the definition of a real man I adore him so much we have been together 3 years and he still gives me butterflies all the time. He takes care of me not that I cant take care of myself bur because as head of my household he feels its his duty to do so. Even though I am in a good relationship now a bit of advice is to never mess over a good woman because hell has no fury like a womans scorn. Not saying he would ever do anything to hurt me but if it does it bad for him. Lol jk.

20. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Just treat her as an equal. Then there's no assumptions of superiority-inferiority, elevation of one over the other. Games don't happen when you look at the world in straightforward terms. I just think it's that simple. Even in the 21st century there are so many outdated approaches to relationships.