Victoria's Secret Bras: Are They Worth It?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Sam Tarly • Jul 10, 2014.

1. Sam Tarly

Sam TarlyMember

Threads:
    There is a lot of hype about Victoria's Secret's lingerie, they are one of the top selling stores that specialize only in women's undergarments. But their prices are outrageously high, I mean they can charge $50+ for a bra! I understand that some of their bras have silk and other fancy material in them, but is that enough to justify the exorbitant rates at which they sell them? What do you guys think?

2. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I usually always shop at Victoria's Secret for bras and have always been pleased. However, with our budget the way it has been recently, I've had to look into different routes. I've found that other brands of bras work just as well. I will still probably buy Victoria's Secret bras every once in awhile to treat myself but it is no longer my go-to store.

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think so...I've been able to get some awesome bras from Kohl and other department stores and I honestly believe they are a LOT better than the Victoria Secret bras. Plus like you said, the price is way too high and I can't simply to keep buying bras there and not care about how much I'm spending.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My girlfriend always gets her bras from Victoria's Secret, and she swears by them. However, she normally takes advantage of sales rather than buying bras at full price. I can't blame here, though. Bras are expensive no matter where you go. If you're buying a $10 bra, then you're probably going to need one to replace it in a few weeks.

5. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest I think they are really expensive and I can get one cheaper and of equal quality at JCPenny. Besides, Victoria's Secret never has my size. They go up to 38 DD, but nothing bigger like DDD etc. Actually most stores don't, but I find that JCPenny's and even Lane Bryant is more suitable for women who are extremely large chested.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They're just a fancy brand, so you're also paying for the brand name that's why they are quite expensive. I think you would find good bras just the same if you buy any other less expensive but branded bras like Wacoal or Avon.

7. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    They are good, but...how do I put this for the boys amongst us?

Sometimes, a girl wants a cheap, flesh coloured bra that does what a bra is meant to do;keep our boobs in place. This won't be anything fancy, and as long as it fits well, you can pick them up very cheap.

But let's say you've got a big date coming up. You don't really want to be wearing Old Faithful, just in case. Now, it shouldn't matter what bra and panties you're wearing, since you know...we're going to take it off eventually/your date might not even see it. But wearing a very nice, lacy bra can really boost your confidence. And if your date progresses well enough that someone else is seeing you in your underwear...well, let's just say Victoria's Secret will always have a market.