Favorite cereal brands?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by bmarks • Jul 10, 2014.

1. bmarks

bmarksMember

Threads:
    In terms of quick meals/snacks, there aren't many kinds of food out there that beat cereal. So this raises the question: what cereal brand(s) do you eat? There are so many different kinds out there. Some for heart health, some made with whole grain as their first ingredient, and some just for chocolate and/or sugary delight. What's your favorite kind of cereal to eat and why?

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I am a huge sucker for the honey bunches of oats brand. Ugh those are SO good. If I don't have that, the next one I go for are the frosted wheaties one :p Third on my list would then be honey nut cheerios (you know the one with a bee on it).

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite cereal brands are Honey Nut Cheerios and Golden Grahams. I love Frosty Flakes but it has too much sugar. With Cheerios and Golden Grahams, I'm not eating too heavy for breakfast and they have the right ingredients for my health. For the Cheerios, I love the fact I see the Heart Healthy logo on the box. Anything to keep my heart working fine makes me a very happy woman.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite brands of cereals are Milo and Koko Crunch. They are both chocolate flavored and are quite affordable. However, it's been a while since I ate cereals, the last time I ate them was when I was still going to school because my mom bought them for me. When I go to the supermarket I will try to buy one of those. I missed eating them.

5. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    i love cereal. In the US i loved kellogs frosted flakes and drinking the milk after eating the cereal. sweet sweet paradise. also like cocoa puffs and lucky charms . but i think lucky charms needs to put more marshmallows in their cereal . yes i like sweet stuff.

6. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I love all the monster brand cereals. Sorely disappointed that they've decided to delegate the cereals to Halloween. That's nonsense to me. They were great every day cereals. If I'm going to go even more retro, there was a cereal called Hidden Treasures that never really got to see the light of day. Check that one out if you're unfamiliar. Also, if were getting deeper into my cereal treasure trove: Dunk-A-Balls and Pop Tarts Crunch. Oh, the 90's. A cereal decade if ever there was one.

7. fanaledrinks112

fanaledrinks112New Member

Threads:
    I love it. I would eat it for breakfast-lunch and dinner if I could. One time I told my friend that I eat cereal at night. He said he does not like cereal at night. He doesn't understand people that do that. All I know is that I am glad to be apart of that population. Fruit Loops is my #2 out of my top 5 favorite cereal. I don't eat it with sugar. If worst came to worse I could eat Loops with water.

8. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    My favorites are Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds only, the other flavors I don't like. My second favorite is Peanut Butter Cheerios.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the Malt O Meal cereals. They taste just like the leading kids' cereals but are a lot cheaper. I buy their imitation Cinnamon Toast Crunch, their imitation Frosted Mini Wheats, their fake Cocoa Puffs and their copycat Captain Crunch. Instead of a small box of mostly air, you get a huge bag of cereal equivalent to 2 or 3 normal boxes.

10. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I don't want to make you sad, but you are getting hustled though.
    Don't get me wrong, Cheerios are hell-of delicious! But to call them Heart Healthy...
    I'm not going to bust-out the ingredient list, especially since everybody is quoting sugar filled cereals.

I don't eat cereals as much these days... When I do though, it's mostly whole-grain stuff.
    Whenever I want to go off the reservation, I usually go for Cocoa Kripies :p

11. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find cereal overrated. I mean I like some. I just don't eat them most of the time so they end up expiring . The ones I eat would be Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Trix, Capn Crunch Berries (sorta) and Lucky Charms.
    I guess I'm just not into cold meals. I'd rather eat oatmeal any day although it would be too hot outside to eat it right now.

12. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite cereal brand is Fruity Loops!!! I feel like a child buying those on the supermarket, but they are so good! I love the sugar fruity taste with the milk, and I'll usually throw in a bit of powder chocolate in, it's delicious.

13. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Hands down, my favorite cereal is Cheerios. I can eat them plain as a snack or with soy milk (vanilla flavored). Their crunch and level of sweetness is just right.

The other brand of cereal I enjoy is Raisin Bran. It's my second choice. I get my taste from my mother. Everyone else in my family are into Fruit Loops, Cap'N Crunch or Cocoa Puffs

Yummy . . .
    Cheerios.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like any cereal that has a good amount of honey glaze to them. My favorite was once honey nut Cheerios although I haven't had them for a while so I don't really know if I still like it as much now. I also like frosted flakes for having the powdered sugar on it. Mostly I just like cereal as sweet as possible, and I don't understand how people can like the bland ones but to each their own. Chocolate cereals like coco puff is good too but I'm not really that much of a chocolate fan.

15. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use the one which has lots of chocolate in it. I think the normal ones are very boring and do not actually add any taste unless you prepare a really nice dish out of it. I think I would also like any other flavored cereals, but I have not tried it out till now as I think that chocolate is the best. Does anyone else love cohoclate over here.