What kind of food and kitchen equipment do you take along to a camping trip?

Discussion in Travel started by Dora M • Jul 10, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What kind of food do you take with you when you go camping? Do you bring along an esky or bag of ice to keep your food fresh? Do you have a portable gas stove?
    I usually like to keep it simple. I only bring along some packets of grain and Fresh Produce that doesn't spoil easily in warm weather. I also never forget plenty of fresh water for drinking and cooking purposes. I admit that sometimes I am surprised to see people bringing their entire kitchen, including extendable tables, serviettes, glasses, etc. to camping grounds and National Parks. Is that still called "camping"? :)

2. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    We like to bring the Coleman Stove for cooking. We bring the coffee pot, pans for frying up breakfast, which is usually bacon and eggs! For lunch we snack, but for supper we go all out! Chicken and veggies stuffed into tinfoil and steamed to perfection!

3. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a bit of a crazy person when it comes to camping. There are a few items I'll take with me that I'm not exactly necessary but I feel don't make my life a whole lot better. Firstly I would always take cornflakes along. Secondly I always have to have a drink with me. Some sort of juice is absolutely necessary for me. It has the ability to lift up my mood and so having a great drink around me is absolutely important. I also always have a gas cooker and then from there everything else is pretty much down to choice.

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    The basic items we would always bring during camping trips are the following:
    Coleman cooler to keep food cold
    5 gallon water
    powdered juices
    a kettle
    a shallow frying pan
    metal utensils
    Swiss knife
    spatula
    packed food
    tent
    lighter

5. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to pack light when I camp. A lot depends on where and how I am camping. I have a complete set of lightweight camping gear for when I am backpack camping. If I am taking my vehicle then I will bring along a few more items like an ice chest, beverages, different food and more dishes. I would always have a flashlight but the Coleman lantern and stove only go on trips with the vehicle.

I do see people with too much stuff but if they have the space why not? If, however, you aren't sleeping out in a tent, then it isn't camping in my mind.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Canned goods and can opener are always the first ones that we bring when we go for a camp. The secondary ones are portable stove and portable gas so we can cook any food that we like. We bring along with them a cooler so we can store ice, drinks and cold cuts that we also bring along. Our list also includes thermos for hot water to keep it warm as long as possible and scissors, disposable plates and cups and utensils.