Returning tennis shoes

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Gelsemium • Jul 11, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was in shock just a few weeks ago, when talking to a friend that plays tennis he told me that he return his tennis shoes that he used let's say for six months because they sole wears out. I mean, he says they have sole warranty for 9 months, so if in 6 months they are worn out they change them. And in fact they do! Can you believe this? Have you done this yourself?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, not really. But it's indeed a great news. Personally my shoes last for more than a year of consistent use, so I think I wouldn't be able to avail this warranty or I think that if shoes are intended to last for more than nine months, then I think it really deserves to have a warranty for nine months and the company must really replace the shoes if it has gone bad in less than nine months.

3. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Yeah, I'm going to pay more attention to it because if in fact they offer 9 months warranty on the soles and they wear out, this means we have the right to ask for a new pair. Pretty crazy though because I use them intensively for 8 months and after that period I get a new pair haha, doesn't seem right. Anyway, if there is a warranty we should take advantage from it.

4. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    It is possible that some shoe companies give long warranty periods. I think Doc Martens still offers this policy. I am not sure how many times can a sole be replaced, though. Other stores like the Tennis Warehouse offers a one-time replacement for tennis shoes ordered from their store. Most of these are offered in the United States only. I would love to know about other brands that has the same sole replacement warranty, too.

5. Gelsemium

Threads:
    There are stores indeed that offer the warranty, but for problems in the manufacture, not because we wear them out. The usual lifetime for a sneaker used to play tennis is from 6 months to one year, so asking for a new pair after using them for 8 months sounds like the best deal in the world haha. :)