Multiple pizza package

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Peninha • Jul 11, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've started to see recently that frozen pizzas in the supermarkets are being sold in boxes of 2 or 3 pizzas. If we make the maths, we can see that these are cheaper, after all we are not paying for the box twice. Have you guys seen this in you area? It's a good idea no, or for some reason do you consider that these boxes with more than one pizza aren't for you?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I avoid the ones like "Tombstone" brand and other similar shrink wrapped pizzas that come bundled together like that. The quality of the pizzas are so poor, you are better off simply buying a nicer brand for not much more. I noticed Wal-Mart started selling 14" Red Baron brand pizza's for only $3.33 each. I picked up a few last week, and was pleasantly surprised to see that they weren't cheap on the dough, sauce or toppings at all. In fact, they had more stuff on them than the much more expensive California Pizza Kitchen brand frozen pizza's.

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    We actually don't buy frozen pizzas that often. Occasionally, I will buy them if I know we are going to need a quick meal or if I have a really good coupon. By "really good" I am talking a couple dollars off. The quality of frozen pizza just doesn't live up to the quality of homemade pizza. Its cheaper in the long run to buy the ingredients for pizza and make it yourself. Its even pretty cheap to make your own dough!

4. Lenna

LennaNew Member

Threads:
    Yeah, considering I bought a pack of these 3 for 1 pizzas yesterday I can say that the quality is quite subpar, as is the actual pizza itself. A full price pizza is of a better quality, but is also not as filling. They're usually very thin, and don't have the same amount of ingredients. You'd eat two or three of them before you ate the same as a regular pizza.

5. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I like to buy the combination pizzas. The super cheap ones that is. They look like they have small cut up pieces of meat on them. Sometimes I can get like five for three dollars if they are on sale. I do like the Red Barron pizzas too, I saw someone posted that. They have the best thin crust! I love thin crust pep the most.

God bless, LIONZFIRE

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So I see it's something pretty common where you guys live, but where I live it's just a novelty lol, so I am taking advantage of it now. Also, I used to buy the most cheaper pizzas possible, but I ate so many of those that I can't eat them anymore, so I upgraded to the next level of cheapness, multiple packages helped me afford that. ;)

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't really buy frozen pizzas any more either.

Back when I did, though, I definitely would've bought them in multi-packs, if possible. I was going multiples at once anyway, so it'd make sense to get the price discount for buying them in the same box.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Why don't you buy frozen pizzas anymore Jessi, are you cooking them yourself or you simply got sick of them? I am still a big consumer, I eat a frozen pizza at least once per week average and I find them very convenient. I know I should take more time to cook and eat healthier, but sometimes just feels good to don't cook dinner. :)

9. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Hell no.

They're not worth the savings really. They're made from much cheaper ingredients, don't have the same kind of quality control, and honestly, they're subpar. I would much rather pay the same price for one good, nice pizza than eat those things.

10. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't agree with that Livvy because those multiple pack pizzas, at least here where I live, are good quality pizzas, better than some no brand pizzas that we have here for sale. They sell two of those pizzas for 6€ something, so we can't exactly call them cheap, but they are economic considering that just one costs around 4-5€.

11. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    I think your problem is that you're buying no brand pizzas in the first place Peninha :p

Compare these packages to proper pizzas, let's say Goodfellas, and you'll notice the big difference in quality

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ahah, yes, it was not problem in the first couple of years, but I started to get sick of no brand pizzas because in fact they are not very good. Once I tasted pizzas from other brands, wow, come on, totally different flavor, base, but price as well lol, way more expensive. So I buy sometimes from the good ones and other times from the bad ones... :)

13. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen this in my area as of yet. This option is certainly cost effective. You'll have to pay a few more bucks, but it's nothing compare to what you'll actually pay for 3 separate pizzas, plus taxes. I love pizza. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to stumble across 2 or 3 pizzas in one pack when I go to the store later this week.

14. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Just yesterday I was shopping again (sometimes I feel that I am always shopping haha) and I had a coupon for 25% discount in a certain brand of pizzas, but even with those 25% discounts the package with two pizzas was cheaper. This really makes me wonder, are we indeed paying for the pizza or for the package?

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A Little Caesar's large pizza with pepperoni is $5, so I just buy a couple of those and eat one immediately and freeze the second one. Little Caesar's isn't the best pizza chain but they're better than store bought frozen pizza.

16. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    For sure. I would take restaurant bought pizza frozen overnight over any frozen brand found in a supermarket. and there are so many deals available its impossible not to spend $15 and not get a free medium pie or some free garlic rolls and a soda. I save the medium pie and heat it up in the oven the next day . Tastes great . I don't enjoy frozen pizza. I've tried several including Boboli.

17. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    The only place we buy frozen pizzas is Trader Joe's. I think the multipack pizzas are definitely a good value but I think the quality is not always there and frozen pizzas tend to be very high in fat and sodium. At this point we're pretty fast at making homemade pizza so we don't really have a need for frozen anymore.

18. fanaledrinks112

fanaledrinks112New Member

Threads:
    We actually don't buy frozen pizzas that often. Occasionally, I will buy them if I know we are going to need a quick meal or if I have a really good coupon. By "really good" I am talking a couple dollars off. The quality of frozen pizza just doesn't live up to the quality of homemade pizza.

19. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sadly I end eating one frozen pizza per week and it's a nasty habit, but it's really convenient and cheap. Multi-package pizzas are the best and the cheapest where I live, except if I find a good promotion like yesterday when some pizzas were with 50% discount, I bought them on the spot even if I had more at home.

20. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I sometimes make them myself or I order them fresh from a delivery place nearby if I want real pizza.

I LOVE little frozen pizzas, but realistically, they're soooo bad for me. And I can eat a whole one myself, depending on what kind it is, and then I feel miserable afterward for downing 2000 calories or more in one sitting because they're so calorie and chemical-laden, lol.