Dollar Shave Club

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by ohiotom76 • Jul 12, 2014.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently placed an order with Dollar Shave Club, and I must say, I was really impressed with what they sent me. If you are not familiar with them, their site pretty much explains it quickly - they sell razors for as little as $1 for a pack of 5, which they will ship to you each month. They end up being way cheaper than buying comparable quality razors in the store.

The only "catch" is that their $1 razors ultimately cost $3 once you factor in shipping. But they are still a good deal. They offer two higher tier razor packages, one for $6 per month, and the other one for $9 per month. With these two, shipping is already included in the cost. Your initial shipment will come with the handle to hold the razors along with the razors themselves - your future shipments will just be the replacement blades. But if you switch packages, they will send you the new handle for those blades as well. So it's basically $3, $6, or $9 per month for razors. The cheapest package sends you 5 razors, the other two send you 4.

They also offer some other companion products you can add to your order, such as a clear shaving cream, as well toilet wipes. These are a little more pricey though, and I would pass on them personally.

I bought the middle package, for $6 per month - and I can definitely say these are high quality razors and a high quality handle. A 4 pack of Gillette blades would have easily run me like $15, so getting these for $6+free shipping is a steal and a no-brainer. They also included a sample of their clear shaving gel, but I didn't care for it at all. I've tried these in the past from other brands, and I just don't feel like I am getting a clean shave with them.

If you were considering ordering these to try them out, I would highly recommend them.

2. Shoplady

ShopladyMember

Threads:
    My husband signed up for this service last year. I have to agree, I am amazed at the quality and price of these razors. They also sent him a few trial samples of their other products. It was really nice to get the freebies but he hasn't ordered any of the other products. Prices on those aren't great, although I really like the packaging and scent of the aftershave.

For shaving cream, my husband and I both just use our conditioner, it works great and that's one less product we need to buy.

3. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I like their TV commercials. That guy appears to be convincing.
    He makes sense. Why were our great grandfathers able to get a close shave with only one single blade? Nobody needs double blades.

4. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend signed up for the Dollar Shave Club too back in...February I think. He absolutely LOVES it, and actually reduced how much blades he's getting because he can't go through them fast enough. He said that their blade quality is pretty darn good for the price, and it's super convenient for him.

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use Dollar Shave Club, but I have used their razors before. The razors are high quality, especially compared to their low price tag. You better not consider buying any of their other products, though. You'll start to waste money on the shaving creams, toilet wipes, and other products. They're really there so that you can help them boost profits by purchasing them. If you stick with the razors only, then you're getting an incredible deal that's more than worth the price tag.

6. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I bought my husband a monthly subscription to Dollar Shave Club last year for Father's Day. I was a little worried about whether or not he would like the blades, he is pretty particular about his razor blades, but much to my surprise, he loved them! I was so happy to hear this because razor blades are so darn expensive and you cannot beat the Dollar Shave Clubs price! I have since added my own razor and we share the 4 blades each month. I love this service and would highly recommend them to others!

7. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    I signed up with them a couple years ago and thought I was going to save a whole bunch of money. I got a groupon (even more savings) and had them sent to me in one shipment. I got them, and they are the WORST razors I have EVER used! I would rather use the cheapo razors they give you at hotels when you get yours. It took me two blades to do each of my legs, and I nicked them both several times.

They've changed their blades since then, but being that I still have 80% of the ones I got from them a while ago, I have no desire to give them any more of my money any time soon!

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love the commercials and the reviews I've seen have been overwhelmingly positive. I might sign up with them in the future when my finances are better. My daughter and I can always use leg razors.
    Male razors aren't any different so why pay more for pink razors?