I have a bunny in a cage in my room. At night it is really loud and I find it hard to sleep.?

Discussion in Pets started by pfaemaster • Jul 15, 2014.

1. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    I can't stand having my bunny in my room at night, but there is nowhere else in my house to put her. How can I make her quiet at night? Also, I keep her in a cage. And, I am not willing to give her up or 'deal with it'. I'm looking for practical solutions.

2. Nook

NookNew Member

Threads:
    Well, it seems your pet is very active at night, which to you might be considered a bad thing, but in reality it's a great signal of your pet's health. Now, as for recommendations as to how to solve your problem, perhaps putting a thick towel or blanket over it's cage will help dull the sound of sorts. Or, perhaps feeding your bunny more fatty foods would tire the bunny more forcing it into a sort of motionless state, which would also help dull the noise and allow you to sleep. Otherwise, good luck finding a more "practical solution" and I hope you and your bunny can get along better at night.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing I know is that rabbits are normally active in the morning and in the evening. So bunnies staying awake at night [as they aren't nocturnal creatures] means they aren't getting enough playtime during the day. Or maybe you don't interact with each much during the day because of other commitments. By making noise when at night, the bunny is simply trying to get your attention.

Try spending a little more time with your bunny during the day and see if the behavior changes.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How about if you just let the bunny loose in the bathroom? At least she can do her own thing there and she won't disturb anyone. And at least there is nothing in the bathroom that the bunny can chew on like electrical cords, only tiles and the trash can, so I think it's safe to put your bunny in there every night. Just leave some food and water over there for overnight consumption so that she can have something to chew on and pass time with.

5. Betsyake

BetsyakeMember

Threads:
    You should built a pet room for your bunny so she could play well in the good room freely.:p

6. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    We used to have a pet bunny that we allowed to roam in our garden. He functioned as or lawnmower for a time and did not dig any holes, surprisingly. He died of old age(5 years) and never replaced him. We never witnessed some night time noise from him.