Costco

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by emmit6378 • May 14, 2012.

1. emmit6378

emmit6378New Member

Threads:
    I cant seem to save much with Costco. I used to live by a place that had Sams club and a Bj's both were awesome. When I go to Costco I get bulk and good quality but not savings. I don't mind paying for allot of the items because I cant find them anywhere else, but at the same time I would like to save a bit by buying bulk. So my question here is, has anyone had any luck finding similar items to the kirkland brand but online?

2. l33t

l33tMember

Threads:
    None that offers the same quality (Kirkland). Anyways, Costco is a great wholesale store because it offers great quality. I use BJs when I buy in bulk, but they usually sell products that are outdated (the other products are also quite expensive). Costco does offer a great variety of items. I'm sure you can find alternatives in the store.

3. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have a Costco near me, but I have found that I have the same issues at Sam's. Over the years, it seems like their prices start out really good, but in the end, they raise them up to where you are not saving much money. This isn't on every item, but for the most part, you have to be careful about what you're purchasing if your goal is to save money. That said, I can find a lot of products at Sam's that I can't get at a regular grocery store, so that's usually why I go.

4. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Costco isn't the best play for everyday shopping.

Costco is the kind of place where you should only go when you're planning to make purchases in bulk.

5. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Costco is really not for a small family. It is more for people that has a large family that has to feed and plan meals for a lot of people. Or it's good for people that is having a big family gathering, family reunion, party, restaurants, etc. Now that is what I see as what Costco is good for any day of the week. When it comes to buying in bulk it doesn't pay for a normal size family.

#5May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  6. gidget

gidgetNew Member

Threads:
    I wish I had a Costco near me. I have always heard good things about sales and saving money there. I do live near a Sam's and have never seen BJs. But for the most part, it wouldn't make any sense for me to go to those types of stores. All my children are grown and living on their own.