Did you know that Hawaiian Pizza was invented in Canada?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by misterv520 • Jul 17, 2014.

1. misterv520

misterv520New Member

Threads:
    Hawaiian pizza is a type of pizza that consists of a cheese and tomato base with toppings of ham and pineapple and/or mushrooms. Hawaiian pizza does not actually originate from Hawaii. It was invented by Sam Panopoulos of Chatham, Ontario in 1960. I'm personally not a fan of Hawaiian pizza, my go to toppings are bacon and mushroom. What are your favorite toppings and do you have a favorite pizza joint?

2. VTEC 9/12/44

VTEC 9/12/44Member

Threads:
    Why does it so often happen that food names that reference a country have little to do with its making? It gets really confusing that way.
    I love to just throw whatever we have on our homemade pizzas. I eat just about anything. I don't believe I've ever tried anchovies, though, and I'm not about to. The thought of it isn't appealing. But, who knows? I might be passing up a delicious opportunity.

3. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I was pretty sure it came from Toast Hawaii, which was made in Germany, no?

Although I guess both could still be true, but I dunno. As for toppings, I'll always go for sweetcorn and pineapple. Everyone else thinks I'm weird for that. I'll mostly go for Dominos though, since they have their own unique sauce, and I love getting double servings of it.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If that's true, then that's quite misleading then. They should name it "Canadian Pizza" instead. I like Hawaiian pizza and all the other kinds of pizza's, maybe except for the ones that taste like fish or have fish ingredients in it.